"This place is enchanting......" Manhattan Beach by kiwi
Manhattan Beach Travel Guide: 353 reviews and 774 photos
Well it is enchanting, especially if you have the patience to wait around for the sunset. I couldn't believe we were so close to the city, and even when the beach was full of volleyballers, there was plenty of space further down, so much sand and sea!!
Take a look at my travelogues for more photos of both the volleyball tournament and the lovely Pier.
Every year at the beginning of August Manhattan Beach hosts the most amazing Volleyball Tournament. Be sure to fit that in if you visit during that time.
I was spell bound by the pier. By the way the sea and waves massaged it, by the way the surfers avoided it closely, and by the forms and shapes it had and it caused.
If I could have I would have sat here for a week, just watching as every nano-second was a different picture. This for me, was the Place to be!!
The way the pylons were covered in cement or the like, made them so much more interesting than just wooden poles or concrete. Their irregular shapes added to the effect.
- Pros:The climate, the big sand, the surf, the people.
- Cons:The lack of parking, the masses of people.
- In a nutshell:Fun place for anyone, it can't help but make you smile.
kiwi's Related Pages
Manhattan Beach Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "A Little Southern Califoenia Beach Town"
- "Manhattan Beach is the Beach for Sun Lovers.."
- "Sharrie's Manhattan Beach Man of The Year"
- "2nd Anual VT meeting"
- "Manhattan Beach - Home of Beach Volleyball"
- "It is time for some real fun on Manhattan Beach"
- "Manhattan Beach Beach"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Manhattan Beach
- Hotels in Manhattan Beach
- Transportation in Manhattan Beach
- Nightlife in Manhattan Beach
- Restaurants in Manhattan Beach
- Shopping in Manhattan Beach
- Warnings and Dangers in Manhattan Beach
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Manhattan Beach
- 1 Reviews
- 31 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 24 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (59)
Have you been to Manhattan Beach?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Manhattan Beach
- Posted in Travel Scotland Forum "Re: Hire a Quad"
- Commented on one of brewjohnson's Manhattan Beach travel pages
- Uploaded a Photo to "VT Sunday morning brunch Aug 2003"
- updated a Manhattan Beach Travelogue "VT Sunday morning brunch Aug 2003"
- Wrote a Review Brave enough to surf the pier?? in Manhattan Beach Sports & Outdoors
Photos in Manhattan BeachSee All Photos (31)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination New Zealand Intro, 88 reviews, 196 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Queenstown Intro, 33 reviews, 110 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Hamilton Intro, 20 reviews, 116 photos, 9 travelogues
- Queen Charlotte Sound Intro, 21 reviews, 96 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Auckland Intro, 45 reviews, 69 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Rotorua Intro, 15 reviews, 91 photos, 6 travelogues
- National Park Intro, 21 reviews, 71 photos, 5 travelogues
- Northern Territory Intro, 1 review, 84 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Mount Maunganui Intro, 19 reviews, 66 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Waiheke Island Intro, 20 reviews, 54 photos, 5 travelogues
FriendsSee All Friends (308)
Latest Manhattan Beach hotel reviews
- Holiday Inn Express Manhattan Beach (South Bay Area)
- 78 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 10, 2013
- The Belamar Manhattan Beach
- 331 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 14, 2013
- Residence Inn Manhattan Beach
- 220 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 13, 2013
- Seahorse Inn
- 1 Review & Opinion
- Manhattan Beach Marriott
- 222 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 15, 2013
- Comfort Inn Manhattan Beach
- 43 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 11, 2013
- Sea View Inn at the Beach
- 198 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 12, 2013
- 256 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 15, 2013