"BRUSSELS" Brussels by kiwi

Brussels Travel Guide: 5,748 reviews and 12,286 photos

I need to write more here sorry!

Well the Atomium is the feature of my first photo, and I found it's construction and history mildly interesting. Not really a "must see" but I enjoyed my afternoon here. It was never meant to stay constructed this long, having been originally made for the World fair. But it IS still here and kinda different to go up into a giant ball in the sky.
I loved the colours and photo opportunities. And from up there you get quite a view of the city!!

Home of Tintin.

A visit to Brussels to me is a pilgrimage to the home of my favourite journalist and adventurer, Tintin and his dog Snowy.
Visit the comic museum and see the Tintin exhibition.

• Last visit to Brussels: Jun 2002
  • Intro Updated Nov 9, 2004

• Pawtuxet's Profile Photo
    Feb 3, 2007 at 1:36 PM

Enjoyed your preview of Brussels. Thinking a lot about that part of the world lately. Glad you pointed out the female version of the pisser. There's about a million pics of the boy on VT. Not sure I'd want to be known for that tho. ha ha

• Joeplaboem's Profile Photo
    May 26, 2006 at 4:21 AM

Hi Kiwi, The atomium has been completely renewed after 2 years of works and is now up to date as in 1958. Today the exhibitions are worth te visit

• ATXtraveler's Profile Photo
    Aug 20, 2005 at 3:01 AM

Thanks for the info on the home of the Peeing boy!

• Nov 13, 2004 at 4:50 PM

did you try the belgian chocolates?? its for the belgians what cheese and tulips are for the dutch ;-)) nice page!

• belgianchocolate's Profile Photo
    Sep 16, 2004 at 10:05 PM

You managed to find some great spots...Still have to visit the beautifull strip museum. (ps , the restaurants name is D'oude pastorie - the old vicarage) ;-)

• kiwi's Profile Photo
    Apr 24, 2004 at 1:52 PM

I will be back to do something with this page!

• pieter_jan_v's Profile Photo
    Apr 24, 2004 at 6:48 AM

How could have forgotten my beautiful Brussels pictues? (hickup) PJ

• sean65's Profile Photo
    Mar 9, 2004 at 1:54 AM

spot on tip about d'oude Pastorie - thanks

• JudyinPA's Profile Photo
    Oct 7, 2003 at 8:12 AM

Pam, trying to decide if this is a trip for me next year. Thanks for your picts and info regarding this city.

• chancay's Profile Photo
    May 2, 2003 at 12:07 AM

I´ve missed to see the TinTin exhibition ;-( nice fotos of the Atomium. Happy Birthday!!

kiwi Visits Here Frequently!

kiwi

“Travel is the world's best education.”

Badges & Stats in Brussels

Have you been to Brussels?

Latest Activity in Brussels