"Lake Karapiro" Lake Karapiro by kiwi
Lake Karapiro Travel Guide: 2 reviews and 9 photos
Created by a dam, for the hydro scheme, Lake Karapiro is very picturesque. Capable of being very foggy and damp in the winter, on a sunny blue sky day it is really nice.
There is plenty of activity on the Lake, with kayaking, water-skiing, sailing and plenty of others.
We kayaked over the lake and up into a river with two tributaries, both with waterfalls at the end.
- In a nutshell:Activity lake with lots of beauty.
Karapiro is the home of the National Rowing teams when in training. Here they are in May 2004, preparing for the Athens... more travel advice
kiwi's Related Pages
Lake Karapiro Travel Guide
Badges & Stats in Lake Karapiro
- 2 Reviews
- 9 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 5 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (128)
Have you been to Lake Karapiro?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Lake Karapiro
Photos in Lake KarapiroSee All Photos (9)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination New Zealand Intro, 85 reviews, 186 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Queenstown Intro, 38 reviews, 120 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Hamilton Intro, 21 reviews, 124 photos, 9 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Auckland Intro, 46 reviews, 76 photos, 2 travelogues
- Queen Charlotte Sound Intro, 21 reviews, 96 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Rotorua Intro, 15 reviews, 91 photos, 6 travelogues
- National Park Intro, 21 reviews, 71 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Mount Maunganui Intro, 19 reviews, 72 photos, 4 travelogues
- Northern Territory Intro, 1 review, 84 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Wellington Intro, 22 reviews, 56 photos, 4 travelogues