"The Deep South" Fiordland National Park by kiwi
Fiordland National Park Travel Guide: 33 reviews and 109 photos
Fiordland is one of Earth's special corners, being virtually untouched, and of course being a preserved piece of Godwana.
Fauna and some wildlife dates back a very long way and because we are an island, some things have remained unchanged.
Our reptile, the Tuatara for example, predates the dinosaurs by millions of years!!
Here is the very special mountain parrot we call the Kea. He looks very innocent, and sweet, howeve look closely at that beak! It is a very dangerous and powerful weapon.
These birds can take hubcaps from your wheels, can carry a boot or camera, can tear the seal off your windscreen making it dislodge, and can inflict serious injury.
They are naturally inquisitive, being parrots, and are very mischievious and not afraid to dismantle your vehicle. Be warned!
kiwi's Related Pages
Fiordland National Park Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Quiet on the Sound"
- "New Zealand Trip 1999 - Fiordland"
- "FAQ - Under Construction"
- "The Deep South"
- "FIORDLAND NTL PARK"
- "Cruising Fiords and Lakes - Hiking - Meeting Birds"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Fiordland National Park
- Hotels in Fiordland National Park
- Transportation in Fiordland National Park
- Restaurants in Fiordland National Park
- Shopping in Fiordland National Park
- Warnings and Dangers in Fiordland National Park
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Fiordland National Park
- 1 Reviews
- 3 Photos
- 3 Forum posts
- 5 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (129)
Have you been to Fiordland National Park?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Fiordland National Park
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination New Zealand Intro, 85 reviews, 186 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Queenstown Intro, 38 reviews, 120 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Hamilton Intro, 21 reviews, 124 photos, 9 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Auckland Intro, 46 reviews, 76 photos, 2 travelogues
- Queen Charlotte Sound Intro, 21 reviews, 96 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Rotorua Intro, 15 reviews, 91 photos, 6 travelogues
- National Park Intro, 21 reviews, 71 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Mount Maunganui Intro, 19 reviews, 72 photos, 4 travelogues
- Northern Territory Intro, 1 review, 84 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Wellington Intro, 22 reviews, 56 photos, 4 travelogues