Queen Charlotte Sound Packing List Tips by kiwi
Queen Charlotte Sound What to Pack: 1 reviews and 2 photos
Hikers breakfast porridge.
Luggage and bags: Fortunately on the Queen Charlotte Track, you can have large bags watertaxied to the next lodge each day, so can afford to bring more than on a trek where you carry all your gear. So really you can even bring a suitcase, but you need a daypack for wetweather gear, warm gear and water and lunch during the day. Of course how much you carry is over to your fitness and capablilities.
Clothing/Shoes/Weather Gear: Although recommended to wear boots, I felt this track is good enough to wear walking shoes. However they must be sturdy and have good tread as the track is mostly clay and in wet conditions is very slippery. All the streams are bridged so you don't need to wade throught water. My husband wore sandals!! We did have quite good weather though, and for the wet day he reverted to his shoes.
Toiletries and Medical Supplies: Insect repellant (although we didn't have a need this trip!). Sunscreen is a MUST!! Plasters, and general first aid items.
Photo Equipment: You need a camera!! And plenty of memory. There are just so many views to capture, and the birds and bush is nice to record as well.
Camping/Beach/Outdoor Gear: If you are using the backpackers' accommodation all you need is a sleeping bag. Pillows, cutlery, plates etc are all provided.
More Reviews (20)
- Take the right track.
- See All Camping on the Queen Charlotte Track
- See All Keep to the Track.
- See All Unbearable smell.
kiwi's Related Pages
Queen Charlotte Sound Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "The Queen Charlotte Track."
- "A Little Piece of Paradise"
- "Queen Charlotte Sound"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Queen Charlotte Sound
- Hotels in Queen Charlotte Sound
- Transportation in Queen Charlotte Sound
- Shopping in Queen Charlotte Sound
- Warnings and Dangers in Queen Charlotte Sound
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Queen Charlotte Sound
- 21 Reviews
- 96 Photos
- 3 Forum posts
- 19 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (65)
Have you been to Queen Charlotte Sound?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Queen Charlotte Sound
Photos in Queen Charlotte SoundSee All Photos (96)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination New Zealand Intro, 87 reviews, 192 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Queenstown Intro, 36 reviews, 115 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Hamilton Intro, 19 reviews, 114 photos, 9 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Auckland Intro, 46 reviews, 73 photos, 2 travelogues
- Queen Charlotte Sound Intro, 21 reviews, 96 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Rotorua Intro, 15 reviews, 91 photos, 6 travelogues
- National Park Intro, 21 reviews, 71 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Mount Maunganui Intro, 19 reviews, 72 photos, 4 travelogues
- Northern Territory Intro, 1 review, 84 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Waiheke Island Intro, 20 reviews, 54 photos, 5 travelogues