"Often the entry point to the South Island." Picton by kiwi
Picton Travel Guide: 79 reviews and 201 photos
Picton is a really lovely little town, nestled at the end of the Queen Charlotte Sound in the Marlborough Sounds. Surrounded by lovely hills, it is quite picturesque even though normally ports are a bit ugly.
Found at the north end of the South Island many people come and go from this port. There is a bustling town surviving around the port, tourism, fishing and other services.
As well as the previously mentioned aspects of life in Picton it is very popular for recreational boating as well. Many South Islanders have a boat here, and or a holiday home situated out in the Sounds.
Once again, the hills make this down really lovely, and even the port area is not too harsh on the eyes. Even when the clouds are lurking down low, there is a certain appeal about Picton.
kiwi's Related Pages
Picton Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "A crossroads for Ferry Travellers"
- "Pretty Picton"
- "Picton, gateway to the South Island of New Zealand"
- "Ferry Interesting"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Picton
- Hotels in Picton
- Transportation in Picton
- Restaurants in Picton
- Warnings and Dangers in Picton
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Picton
- 1 Reviews
- 4 Photos
- 2 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (62)
Have you been to Picton?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Picton
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination New Zealand Intro, 87 reviews, 192 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Queenstown Intro, 35 reviews, 115 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Hamilton Intro, 20 reviews, 115 photos, 9 travelogues
- Queen Charlotte Sound Intro, 21 reviews, 96 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Auckland Intro, 45 reviews, 69 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Rotorua Intro, 15 reviews, 91 photos, 6 travelogues
- National Park Intro, 21 reviews, 71 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Mount Maunganui Intro, 19 reviews, 72 photos, 4 travelogues
- Northern Territory Intro, 1 review, 84 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Waiheke Island Intro, 20 reviews, 54 photos, 5 travelogues