"My Cambridge Page." Cambridge by kiwi
Cambridge Travel Guide: 15 reviews and 51 photos
Strolling around Cambridge is more than a visit, it's an experience. Forget about the hussle and bustle of cities and malls, shopping in Cambridge is so enjoyable you want to stay forever. This quaint English style town is simply a breath of fresh air. Neatly presented gardens and Town Hall, this is one town with immense pride.
Cambridge is a horse town, a rowing town, a farming town, even a commuter town with people wanting to live in a rural setting but work in nearby Hamilton city.
It's common to see people in riding boots, gumboots, Swanndri's, or very smart casual attire. As you wander down the street, you see locals, and know you are amongst heartland New Zealand.
I stopped to take this photo to depict the older architecture, the funny little car and of course, the Information Office. This is in fact the back of the town hall and it has been restored painstakingly and the info office is perfeclty placed next to the highway. A lot of travellers pass through Cambridge, and it has a lot to offer those wanting to stop.
- Pros:Rowers, Cyclists and Horses.
- Cons:Little bit hard to park in the street, but you don't have to go far.
- In a nutshell:Town of Champions.
It's a short drive out of Cambridge into the more rural area to find The LilyPad Café, but well worth the effort. The... more travel advice
Here you find a very nice café, Internet Access and Tax Free Shopping for travellers. And the craft shop sells very... more travel advice
kiwi's Related Pages
Cambridge Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Cambridge, Town of Trees"
- "My Cambridge Page."
- "Quaint Cambridge"
- "A Town full of Horses"
- "Cambridge Superloo Shocker"
- See All...
- Hotels in Cambridge
- Nightlife in Cambridge
- Restaurants in Cambridge
- Shopping in Cambridge
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Cambridge
- 4 Reviews
- 23 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 6 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (62)
Have you been to Cambridge?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Cambridge
Photos in CambridgeSee All Photos (23)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination New Zealand Intro, 88 reviews, 196 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Queenstown Intro, 35 reviews, 115 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Hamilton Intro, 19 reviews, 115 photos, 9 travelogues
- Queen Charlotte Sound Intro, 21 reviews, 96 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Auckland Intro, 45 reviews, 69 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Rotorua Intro, 15 reviews, 91 photos, 6 travelogues
- National Park Intro, 21 reviews, 71 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Mount Maunganui Intro, 19 reviews, 67 photos, 4 travelogues
- Northern Territory Intro, 1 review, 84 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Waiheke Island Intro, 20 reviews, 54 photos, 5 travelogues
FriendsSee All Friends (310)
Latest Cambridge hotel reviews
- Riverside Motor Lodge & Conference Centre
- 25 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 29, 2013