"Fairytale Chateau." Top 5 Page for this destination Chambord by kiwi
Chambord Travel Guide: 92 reviews and 303 photos
Chambord has to be one of the most stunning castles of Europe. It is situated in a huge park, directly East of Blois. Parc de Chambord is a 5440 hectare national hunting reserve which is the largest enclosed forest park in Europe. The perimeter wall is 31km long.
Various parts of the chateau were begun and built by different people and at different times. However the keep was begun in 1519 by François I. Owned by various people and with a chequered history Chambord was finally purchased by the State in 1930, from the heirs of the Comte de Chambord.
When I visited in June 2002 the entry fee for an adult was 7Euros.
There are many events held here at Chambord. Here are just a few:
Spectacle d'Art Equestre.
Game Fair - June
The boats tied up in the moat added reality and character to the fantasy of the castle. I was looking at a scene from a book and realised I was there in reality. I began to wonder about the life of the Ladies of the Loire.
The detail is amazing and the architectural feat even more amazing. This staircase kept me spell bound as I thought of Eschers art. I stared with vivid imagination as my mind played fun games just looking.....
- In a nutshell:The most intricate Castle of the world.
When you walk around Chambord, pay particular attention to the materials used and the methods of construction. I'd like... more travel advice
Take time to hire a rowboat and punt around the moat here at Parc de Chambord. It is very relaxing and what a wonderful... more travel advice
kiwi's Related Pages
Chambord Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "A Royal experience, yes!!"
- "Chateau de Chambord"
- "Moscow - Chambord"
- "Fairytale Chateau."
- "Sharrie's Chambord Facade"
- "Château de Chambord"
- "Our First Glimpses of the Chateau of Chambord"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Chambord
- Hotels in Chambord
- Transportation in Chambord
- Shopping in Chambord
- Warnings and Dangers in Chambord
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Chambord
- 8 Reviews
- 17 Photos
- 1 Forum posts
- 27 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (60)
Have you been to Chambord?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Chambord
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination New Zealand Intro, 88 reviews, 196 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Queenstown Intro, 33 reviews, 110 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Hamilton Intro, 19 reviews, 115 photos, 9 travelogues
- Queen Charlotte Sound Intro, 21 reviews, 96 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Auckland Intro, 45 reviews, 69 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Rotorua Intro, 15 reviews, 91 photos, 6 travelogues
- National Park Intro, 21 reviews, 71 photos, 5 travelogues
- Northern Territory Intro, 1 review, 84 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Mount Maunganui Intro, 19 reviews, 66 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Waiheke Island Intro, 20 reviews, 54 photos, 5 travelogues