"Forcalquier - a very interesting old town." Forcalquier by kiwi
Forcalquier Travel Guide: 3 reviews and 10 photos
Situated in Provence, this small town of 4375 inhabitants, offers plenty of photographic opportunities and is abound with history.
Travelling south from Gap to Marseille on the Autoroute, take the La Brillanne exit and head west on the N100 or alternatively the D12.
Enlarge this photo and view the detail on the fountain, to the left of the animal heads.
You will see two figures in the '69' position.
1511 Gothic La Fontaine Saint-Michel
Visit the weekly market, it is very well known and wonderful stalls to shop at.
- In a nutshell:A lovely small town in Provence, steeped in history.
I thoroughly recommend that you visit the famous weekly street market in the centre of Forcalquier. Here you can see a... more travel advice
Every corner you turn there are more structures of interest here in Forcalquier. Here on the Cathedral there is a huge... more travel advice
kiwi's Related Pages
Forcalquier Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Forcalquier - a very interesting old town."
- "Lovely little old place!"
- "A Charming Town with a Long History"
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Forcalquier
- 4 Reviews
- 7 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 8 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (60)
Have you been to Forcalquier?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Forcalquier
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination New Zealand Intro, 88 reviews, 196 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Queenstown Intro, 33 reviews, 110 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Hamilton Intro, 18 reviews, 113 photos, 9 travelogues
- Queen Charlotte Sound Intro, 21 reviews, 96 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Auckland Intro, 45 reviews, 69 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Rotorua Intro, 15 reviews, 91 photos, 6 travelogues
- National Park Intro, 21 reviews, 71 photos, 5 travelogues
- Northern Territory Intro, 1 review, 84 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Mount Maunganui Intro, 19 reviews, 66 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Waiheke Island Intro, 20 reviews, 54 photos, 5 travelogues