Mount Maunganui Restaurant Tips by kiwi Top 5 Page for this destination
Mount Maunganui Restaurants: 6 reviews and 8 photos
A new comer to the area, in 2012, this is a delightful addition to the Mount dining options. We were a group of eight and enjoyed sitting on a large round table so we could interact with everyone. We were near the fireplace, being summer it was not going.
Before dinner we enjoyed a drink near the street, and the general feeling was one of happiness and comfort. The street was bustling, and Osteria da Gino was a part of that. Some tables on the footpath if you preferred.
Staff were exceptionally helpful and their service was great.
We enjoyed our meals and a nice wine selection, we were all very happy.
The prices are not high, and are very affordable for most people.
The website is rather lacking so I hope they add more info soon.
Favorite Dish: Having only been here once, I don't have a favourite dish, but I had Pork Belly and it was melt in the mouth delicious. Tirimisu was my choice of desert and I thoroughly enjoyed that.
Address: 91 Maunganui Rd, Mt Maunganui, Tauranga
Comparison: about average
Directions: The main road of the town of Mt Maunganui, Maunganui Road. The restaurant is at the mount (north) end of the shopping area.
Phone: 07-574 1574
Café proximity near the beach.
The food was really nice, and a wide selection to choose from. Breakfast menu still on at 2pm. It seems very popular for kiwis to eat from a breakfast menu during the afternoon.
What we found handy was that this café still had it's kitchen open, even on a Monday. A lot of eating houses close Mondays, or at least the kitchen closes, as they are open all weekend. Just makes it hard if you happen to be out and about on Mondays.
Favorite Dish: I ordered Oreo Dory and salad. This was really divine. Lovely tender and juicy panfriend fish, set on a bed of mixed lettuce salad with lovely parsnip shaves and even passionfruit sauce. REally tasty.
Their coffee was nice too, always leaves an impression with me anyway.
Address: 1 Marine Parade, Mount Maunganui.
Comparison: about average
Directions: Main Surf beach area, not far from the Mount surf corner. Facing the Pacific.
Under "The Towers" multistory building.
Phone: 07 - 5721109
Price: less than US$10
More Reviews (17)
kiwi's Related Pages
Mount Maunganui Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Mauao/Mt Maunganui, Bay of Plenty"
- "MOUNT MAUNGANUI....MAGNIFICENT!!!"
- "Mount Maunganui - A Great Beach Resort!"
- "Mount up and Head Out!"
- "Mount Maunganui North Island"
- "Christmas 2005 New Zealand"
- "Bay of Plenty - an interesting region to visit"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Mount Maunganui
- Hotels in Mount Maunganui
- Transportation in Mount Maunganui
- Restaurants in Mount Maunganui
- Shopping in Mount Maunganui
- Warnings and Dangers in Mount Maunganui
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Mount Maunganui
- 19 Reviews
- 66 Photos
- 5 Forum posts
- 11 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (59)
Have you been to Mount Maunganui?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Mount Maunganui
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination New Zealand Intro, 88 reviews, 196 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Queenstown Intro, 33 reviews, 110 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Hamilton Intro, 20 reviews, 116 photos, 9 travelogues
- Queen Charlotte Sound Intro, 21 reviews, 96 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Auckland Intro, 45 reviews, 69 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Rotorua Intro, 15 reviews, 91 photos, 6 travelogues
- National Park Intro, 21 reviews, 71 photos, 5 travelogues
- Northern Territory Intro, 1 review, 84 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Mount Maunganui Intro, 19 reviews, 66 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Waiheke Island Intro, 20 reviews, 54 photos, 5 travelogues
Latest Mount Maunganui hotel reviews