Abel Tasman National Park Favorite Tips by kiwi Top 5 Page for this destination
Abel Tasman National Park Favorites: 8 reviews and 8 photos
Small, but private!
Favorite thing: Around every corner is another secluded idyllic beach where you can stop and rest for a while. Most are accessible from the track, and from the kayaks.
All this in Abel Tasman National Park, at the top of the South Island of New Zealand.
Fondest memory: I really love the bush and especially the tree ferns, not to mention the golden sand and blue/green water!
Favorite thing: The seas are crispy clear and the sand is so golden like you have never seen before. Around every corner is another beach and more secluded beauty.
The bush is pristine, some natural and original, some is regrowth after pioneers cleared some of the land in an attempt to farm it.
Lovely rocks, but there are seals there too.
Favorite thing: Often I found the rocks more beautiful and interesting than the seals. The shapes and colours were endless and intriguing.
Fondest memory: I have no idea how on earth these seals get up onto the rocks, as if they have very useful arms!! But those flippers must be powerful to drag their heavy weight up the rocks.
More rock sitters.
Favorite thing: There are water birds in the Park as well, here basking on the rocks.
Fondest memory: There's just so much to see on a visit to Abel Tasman National Park.
Look hard for the seals.
Favorite thing: If you know where to look, and then look hard you find the graceful seals sunbathing on the rocks. Just don't get too close, they smell quite bad!!
The Water Taxi drivers take you to see them and can answer most of your questions.
It's the colours that are so awesome.
Favorite thing: Even just the colour of the sea makes the visit here worthwhile. To get up for sunrise or sit on the beach at sunset is great to see the colours change.
Favorite thing: Be sure to get out onto the water and experience the coastline, there is so much to see. Here we view the amazing rock formations with lovely colours and of course the gorgeous blue/green sea.
More Reviews (6)
kiwi's Related Pages
Abel Tasman National Park Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Abel Tasman Park"
- "Abel Tasman National Park"
- "Abel Tasman National Park"
- "Abel Tasman, like being on a pacific island"
- "Abel Tasman"
- "ABEL TASMAN NATIONAL PARK"
- "Peace - if you don't mind the tourists"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Abel Tasman National Park
- Hotels in Abel Tasman National Park
- Transportation in Abel Tasman National Park
- Restaurants in Abel Tasman National Park
- Warnings and Dangers in Abel Tasman National Park
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Abel Tasman National Park
- 13 Reviews
- 38 Photos
- 4 Forum posts
- 35 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (62)
Have you been to Abel Tasman National Park?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Abel Tasman National Park
- Posted in Technical Help Forum "Re: Can not upload photos....."
- Commented on one of cnango's Abel Tasman National Park travel pages
- Wrote a Review Water Taxis in the Abel Tasman Nat'l Park in Abel Tasman National Park Transportation
- Uploaded a Photo to "Water Taxis in the Abel Tasman Nat'l Park"
- updated a Abel Tasman National Park Travel Page "Abel Tasman National Park"
Photos in Abel Tasman National ParkSee All Photos (38)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination New Zealand Intro, 87 reviews, 192 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Queenstown Intro, 35 reviews, 115 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Hamilton Intro, 20 reviews, 115 photos, 9 travelogues
- Queen Charlotte Sound Intro, 21 reviews, 96 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Auckland Intro, 45 reviews, 69 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Rotorua Intro, 15 reviews, 91 photos, 6 travelogues
- National Park Intro, 21 reviews, 71 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Mount Maunganui Intro, 19 reviews, 72 photos, 4 travelogues
- Northern Territory Intro, 1 review, 84 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Waiheke Island Intro, 20 reviews, 54 photos, 5 travelogues