"BULLS" Bulls by kiwi
Bulls Travel Guide: 9 reviews and 24 photos
Bulls is not far inland from the mouth of the Rangitikei River, State Highways 1 & 3 meet here. Also nearby is a major Airforce Base, Ohakea. Coming from an airforce family I did, in fact, spend 2 years of my life living on Ohakea, but I was very young and don't remember anything.
They say this town was originally called "Bulltown", being named after it's first resident, one British woodcarver James Bull. (Apparently he was responsible for designing the panelling in the London House of Commons.)
Now it is Bulls, and being a small struggling country town, they have picked up on this theme and you will see by my photos how novel this has become. I guess their main asset is being located on a major highway and attracting the motorists to stop and spend their dollars.
I love the rubbish cans in the street here in Bulls!!
Second hand goods, some antique some just preloved, and remember someones junk is another's treasure. Wide range of... more travel advice
kiwi's Related Pages
Bulls Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Bulls, New Zealand"
- "Bulls, The Rural Town."
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Bulls
- 2 Reviews
- 5 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 8 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (63)
Have you been to Bulls?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Bulls
Photos in BullsSee All Photos (5)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination New Zealand Intro, 87 reviews, 192 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Queenstown Intro, 35 reviews, 115 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Hamilton Intro, 19 reviews, 114 photos, 9 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Auckland Intro, 46 reviews, 73 photos, 2 travelogues
- Queen Charlotte Sound Intro, 21 reviews, 96 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Rotorua Intro, 15 reviews, 91 photos, 6 travelogues
- National Park Intro, 21 reviews, 71 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Mount Maunganui Intro, 19 reviews, 72 photos, 4 travelogues
- Northern Territory Intro, 1 review, 84 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Waiheke Island Intro, 20 reviews, 54 photos, 5 travelogues