"BULLS" Bulls by kiwi

Bulls Travel Guide: 9 reviews and 24 photos

Where else can you get Milk from Bulls!

Bulls is not far inland from the mouth of the Rangitikei River, State Highways 1 & 3 meet here. Also nearby is a major Airforce Base, Ohakea. Coming from an airforce family I did, in fact, spend 2 years of my life living on Ohakea, but I was very young and don't remember anything.
They say this town was originally called "Bulltown", being named after it's first resident, one British woodcarver James Bull. (Apparently he was responsible for designing the panelling in the London House of Commons.)
Now it is Bulls, and being a small struggling country town, they have picked up on this theme and you will see by my photos how novel this has become. I guess their main asset is being located on a major highway and attracting the motorists to stop and spend their dollars.

I love the rubbish cans in the street here in Bulls!!

• Last visit to Bulls: Jun 2003
  • Intro Updated Jan 20, 2006

• aussiejen's Profile Photo
    Aug 30, 2005 at 4:51 PM

How could I forget the milk from Bulls saying! I grew up in Paraparaumu, not too far away : )

• cnango's Profile Photo
    Jul 14, 2005 at 3:10 PM

Here in California we have a city called ' El Toro' which is Spanish for 'the Bull' I drove to this town when I was staying in Palmy. Loved the Dutch Bakery and Market . Thanks for sharing it brought back some enjoy-a-BULL memories !

• scrooge1947's Profile Photo
    Apr 10, 2004 at 8:13 PM

I just thought Craic, would have visited, I must slow down and take some photos when I pass through.

• pepples46's Profile Photo
    Jul 10, 2003 at 12:35 AM

now that...is no Bull :-))

• ATLC's Profile Photo
    Jun 28, 2003 at 4:02 AM

A place called Bulls! Now that I had to see. Is there a Bulls Bakery? LOL

• Carmela71's Profile Photo
    Jun 24, 2003 at 3:43 AM

ops, milk of bulls, subways... not runing of the bulls? ;-) (see you ahve to come to Spain for mroe Bulls lol tips ) nice tips Pam

• craic's Profile Photo
    Jun 19, 2003 at 6:19 AM

Many vivid memories of Bulls.

• kenmerk's Profile Photo
    Jun 18, 2003 at 6:52 PM

Another thing they have in Bulls: Relia-Bull Traffic Cops. I'm 80 NZD poorer for the experience of driving thru here.... Thanks, Pam..

kiwi

“Travel is the world's best education.”

Badges & Stats in Bulls