"Castle Hill Station" Castle Hill by kiwi
Castle Hill Travel Guide: 0 reviews and 20 photos
Soft limestone formations provide an amazing place to explore and appreciate. One of the younger formations in terms of New Zealand geology, it is nonetheless interesting.
Located on private land, it's through the generosity of it's owners that we the public can have acccess to this area.
If you look closely in the photo above, you can see in the very middle a person standing on top of this rock. This gives perspective to the size of these formations.
Castle Hill Station is a working sheep station and the land surrounding the rock reserve is operational land.
This is my favourite view of the formations, as it shows the sweeping uphill angled surface, known as Quantum Field. You might think this place was once an ancient city or something but really it's just a freak of nature. Every nook and cranny is somewhere to explore. A great place to photograph as well!
See more photos here
kiwi's Related Pages
Castle Hill Travel Guide
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Castle Hill
- 0 Reviews
- 20 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (60)
Have you been to Castle Hill?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Castle Hill
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination New Zealand Intro, 88 reviews, 196 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Queenstown Intro, 33 reviews, 110 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Hamilton Intro, 19 reviews, 115 photos, 9 travelogues
- Queen Charlotte Sound Intro, 21 reviews, 96 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Auckland Intro, 45 reviews, 69 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Rotorua Intro, 15 reviews, 91 photos, 6 travelogues
- National Park Intro, 21 reviews, 71 photos, 5 travelogues
- Northern Territory Intro, 1 review, 84 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Mount Maunganui Intro, 19 reviews, 66 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Waiheke Island Intro, 20 reviews, 54 photos, 5 travelogues