"CHRISTCHURCH" Christchurch by kiwi
Christchurch Travel Guide: 1,250 reviews and 2,676 photos
***22 February 2011 The city of Christchurch was hit by a 6.3 earthquake and much of the CBD has been destroyed, including the Cathedral in the square. Some of this area is still inaccessible to the general public. It could be like this for some time. Life goes on, however, and the strong spirited people are determined to not let Christchurch die. They welcome visitors and hope people return to help bring life back.
Christchurch is the biggest city in the South Island. It has a distinctly English flavour having been established by English settlers many years ago.
This Millenium Challice was far bigger than I ever imagined, having only seen photos previously!!
As you can see, Christchurch city is very flat, but there are hills to the south and west of the city. And of course it's coastal with the Pacific Ocean being a very big influence.
- In a nutshell:A lovely character filled southern city.
Visit the Firefighters' Memorial in central Christchurch on the corner of Madras and Kilmore Streets. There is a rather... more travel advice
Most of us will never get to the Antarctic, but this gives us an idea of what it is like down there. You are taken thru... more travel advice
kiwi's Related Pages
Christchurch Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Shaken but not beaten: A city rising from ruins"
- "My Home - The (Shakey) Garden City"
- "Over Looking Lyttelton Harbour"
- "Charming Christchurch"
- "My winter holiday in summer"
- "Christchurch - Gateway to the South Island"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Christchurch
- Hotels in Christchurch
- Transportation in Christchurch
- Nightlife in Christchurch
- Restaurants in Christchurch
- Shopping in Christchurch
- Warnings and Dangers in Christchurch
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Christchurch
- 7 Reviews
- 18 Photos
- 68 Forum posts
- 112 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (127)
Have you been to Christchurch?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Christchurch
- Posted in Miscellaneous Forum "Re: LAST LOG IN DATE"
- Commented on the Sign of the Kiwi, Christchurch travel guide
- Commented on one of jorgejuansanchez's Christchurch travel pages
- updated a Christchurch Travel Page "CHRISTCHURCH"
- Uploaded a Photo to "Firefighters' Reserve and Tribute including 9/11"
- Wrote a Review Firefighters' Memorial in Christchurch Favorites
Photos in ChristchurchSee All Photos (18)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination New Zealand Intro, 87 reviews, 192 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Queenstown Intro, 34 reviews, 110 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Hamilton Intro, 20 reviews, 118 photos, 9 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Auckland Intro, 46 reviews, 76 photos, 2 travelogues
- Queen Charlotte Sound Intro, 21 reviews, 96 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Rotorua Intro, 15 reviews, 91 photos, 6 travelogues
- National Park Intro, 21 reviews, 71 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Mount Maunganui Intro, 19 reviews, 72 photos, 4 travelogues
- Northern Territory Intro, 1 review, 84 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Waiheke Island Intro, 20 reviews, 54 photos, 5 travelogues