"Kaiaua" Kaiaua by kiwi
Kaiaua Travel Guide: 2 reviews and 5 photos
If you have a car and time on your hands, take the coastal road from Clevedon, via Kawakawa Bay down to Kaiaua and Miranda. Especially on a nice day, this can be a pleasing drive. It's rather long, but take your time and look forward to the feed you are about to enjoy.
This is it! The famous Kaiaua fish 'n chips shop. This is a popular meal in NZ and this particular shop has won the top award on several occassions, so you can pretty much guarantee a decend feed here. It is right by the coast so one assumes the fish is very fresh, hence the good meals.
Well .... the sign says so!!
Most people have a boat, usually used for fishing, and here they have inlets to moor the boats, safe from the weather and sea.
- Pros:Best fish 'n chips.
- Cons:Not really on a route often travelled.
- In a nutshell:Pass by if you have the time.
Kaiaua is a small town, but they do have the Bay View Hotel. It's situated on Coast Road and is right by the bridge, you... more travel advice
kiwi's Related Pages
Kaiaua Travel Guide
Badges & Stats in Kaiaua
- 2 Reviews
- 5 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 6 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (128)
Have you been to Kaiaua?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Kaiaua
Photos in KaiauaSee All Photos (5)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination New Zealand Intro, 85 reviews, 186 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Queenstown Intro, 38 reviews, 120 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Hamilton Intro, 21 reviews, 124 photos, 9 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Auckland Intro, 46 reviews, 76 photos, 2 travelogues
- Queen Charlotte Sound Intro, 21 reviews, 96 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Rotorua Intro, 15 reviews, 91 photos, 6 travelogues
- National Park Intro, 21 reviews, 71 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Mount Maunganui Intro, 19 reviews, 72 photos, 4 travelogues
- Northern Territory Intro, 1 review, 84 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Wellington Intro, 22 reviews, 56 photos, 4 travelogues