"Orewa Beach" Orewa by kiwi
Orewa Travel Guide: 7 reviews and 11 photos
Orewa is one of the popular coastal towns north of Auckland. Situated just north of the Whangaparaoa Peninsula it is connected to Auckland city by motorway and relatively easy to access.
This coast has more gentle waves, the surf not getting very high, but it is there nevertheless.
Windsurfing and Kitesurfing are popular on the flatter water. Great for family swimming and children as well.
At the north end there are steep cliffs, nestling the town in to the coast.
Until recently traffic was a problem with the main route north going through the town. However since the motorway has opened the people of Orewa have their town back to themselves and life is a lot easier.
Here you can see some housing development and looking into the background we see the popular Whangaparaoa Peninsula.
kiwi's Related Pages
Orewa Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Fancy a day at the beach?"
- "Orewa Beach"
- "Beachside Orewa, just north of Auckland"
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Orewa
- 0 Reviews
- 3 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 8 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (61)
Have you been to Orewa?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Orewa
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination New Zealand Intro, 87 reviews, 192 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Queenstown Intro, 35 reviews, 115 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Hamilton Intro, 20 reviews, 115 photos, 9 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Auckland Intro, 46 reviews, 73 photos, 2 travelogues
- Queen Charlotte Sound Intro, 21 reviews, 96 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Rotorua Intro, 15 reviews, 91 photos, 6 travelogues
- National Park Intro, 21 reviews, 71 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Mount Maunganui Intro, 19 reviews, 72 photos, 4 travelogues
- Northern Territory Intro, 1 review, 84 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Waiheke Island Intro, 20 reviews, 54 photos, 5 travelogues