Raglan Things to Do Tips by kiwi
Raglan Things to Do: 11 reviews and 16 photos
Bridal Veil Falls
Take a drive out of town and see these waterfalls. It's worth the trip, and doesn't take too long. Around a 20 min drive out of Raglan, and a 15 min walk to the bottom of the falls. Several views, including being able to get to the top and looking right down to the pool at the bottom. You stand on the viewing platform right over the fall at the top, it's rather awesome!
For more photos visit my Bridal Veil Falls Travelogue.
Address: Te Mata Road
Directions: Heading back to Hamilton from Raglan, turn right into Te Mata Road, and follow the signs to the falls. Best to get yourself a map to ensure you take the correct road.
You can take surf lessons here at Raglan. And this is the place to learn in NZ, as the surf is great and the surfies live here.
Even the High School does a course in surfing and surfy kids from around the country come here to go to school and are billetted around the town.
2003 prices were $79 for 3 hrs, wetsuit and board provided.
Lessons twice a day, 11am and 4pm.
Phone: 07 - 825 7873
More Reviews (8)
kiwi's Related Pages
Raglan Travel Guide
- Things to Do in Raglan
- Hotels in Raglan
- Restaurants in Raglan
- Warnings and Dangers in Raglan
- See All...
Explore the World
- Holmes Chapel Hotels
- Milam Hotels
- Anand Hotels
- Tai Wai Hotels
Badges & Stats in Raglan
- 10 Reviews
- 56 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 27 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (60)
Have you been to Raglan?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Raglan
Photos in RaglanSee All Photos (56)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination New Zealand Intro, 88 reviews, 196 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Queenstown Intro, 33 reviews, 110 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Hamilton Intro, 19 reviews, 115 photos, 9 travelogues
- Queen Charlotte Sound Intro, 21 reviews, 96 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Auckland Intro, 45 reviews, 69 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Rotorua Intro, 15 reviews, 91 photos, 6 travelogues
- National Park Intro, 21 reviews, 71 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Mount Maunganui Intro, 19 reviews, 67 photos, 4 travelogues
- Northern Territory Intro, 1 review, 84 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Waiheke Island Intro, 20 reviews, 54 photos, 5 travelogues
Latest Raglan hotel reviews
- Karioi Lodge
- 10 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 13, 2013