Raglan Favorite Tips by kiwi
Raglan Favorites: 3 reviews and 3 photos
Favorite thing: There are many activities to be seen out on the West Coast of the North Island. Here in the photo you can see a glider, frolicking in the airwaves created by the westerly wind hitting the cliffs and being pushed upwards.
Fondest memory: You can see, from time to time, some of the following activities out on the coast:
Gliding (as in the photo).
and some other wind related activities.
Favorite thing: The area and farmland around Raglan is prime sheep raising land. However being as hilly as it is, it's more common for them to sell their lambs at about 12 - 15 weeks old to be "fattened" down on the flatter land ready for the meat market. Here in this photo we were picking lambs to buy and take back to our Waikato farm where we will keep them until market and size is right for slaughter.
Fondest memory: Lambs/sheep love to jump as they go thru a confined space, as you can see here in this photo. I love to wonder what is going through their head when they do this. As you can see some of the other lambs are jumping too, but one is particularly high!
Walk across Raglan harbour bridge
Favorite thing: If you have some time while visiting Raglan, I recommend walking over the footbridge and taking a walk over the sand dunes. Also it's nice to see the town from that side as well.
Fondest memory: Watching small Maori kids jumping off the footbridge into the sea at high tide. They were having such fun!!
More Reviews (7)
kiwi's Related Pages
Raglan Travel Guide
- Things to Do in Raglan
- Hotels in Raglan
- Restaurants in Raglan
- Warnings and Dangers in Raglan
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Raglan
- 10 Reviews
- 56 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 23 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (128)
Have you been to Raglan?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Raglan
Photos in RaglanSee All Photos (56)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination New Zealand Intro, 87 reviews, 192 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Queenstown Intro, 33 reviews, 106 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Hamilton Intro, 19 reviews, 114 photos, 9 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Auckland Intro, 45 reviews, 72 photos, 2 travelogues
- Queen Charlotte Sound Intro, 21 reviews, 96 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Rotorua Intro, 15 reviews, 91 photos, 6 travelogues
- National Park Intro, 21 reviews, 71 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Mount Maunganui Intro, 19 reviews, 72 photos, 4 travelogues
- Northern Territory Intro, 1 review, 84 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Waiheke Island Intro, 20 reviews, 54 photos, 5 travelogues