"HAMILTON ZOO" Te Rapa by kiwi
Te Rapa Travel Guide: 0 reviews and 18 photos
I have such mixed feelings about animals in zoo, but realise that in the world of today, it's a necessary institution to save many species.
It felt very strange to be seeing African animals, for example, here in the Waikato of New Zealand. As well, I frequently wondered how these animals coped with our damp and cold winters. Obviously we don't get as cold as some places, but the long periods of dull and wet days, can drive me crazy so I wonder about the animals.
Having this zoo in our region gives us all, and especially children, the chance to view and think about the plight of foreign animals, such as the tiger and lions etc.
So I find myself writing here about Hamilton Zoo, located on the edge of Hamilton city, Waikato region, North Island, New Zealand, South Pacific, that is next to Antarctica :-))
kiwi's Related Pages
Te Rapa Travel Guide
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Te Rapa
- 0 Reviews
- 18 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (62)
Have you been to Te Rapa?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Te Rapa
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination New Zealand Intro, 88 reviews, 196 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Queenstown Intro, 35 reviews, 115 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Hamilton Intro, 19 reviews, 115 photos, 9 travelogues
- Queen Charlotte Sound Intro, 21 reviews, 96 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Auckland Intro, 45 reviews, 69 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Rotorua Intro, 15 reviews, 91 photos, 6 travelogues
- National Park Intro, 21 reviews, 71 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Mount Maunganui Intro, 19 reviews, 72 photos, 4 travelogues
- Northern Territory Intro, 1 review, 84 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Waiheke Island Intro, 20 reviews, 54 photos, 5 travelogues