"Worth the trek to get here!" Totaranui by kiwi
Totaranui Travel Guide: 0 reviews and 3 photos
This beach is long, empty and just gorgeous. Bit of a trek to get here, but well worth the effort. A very nice camping ground here.
You can get to Totaranui by water taxi from Awaroa or Marahau, or drive in the very long way, around the edge of the National Park.
You can't deny these sands are golden! The colour is rich and vibrant and quite uncanny. But it is real!! That's me in the photo :-)
Here's the there end of Totaranui Beach, still long and empty of people.
- Pros:Not too many people here.
kiwi's Related Pages
Totaranui Travel Guide
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Totaranui
- 0 Reviews
- 3 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (125)
Have you been to Totaranui?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Totaranui
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination New Zealand Intro, 84 reviews, 181 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Queenstown Intro, 38 reviews, 120 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Hamilton Intro, 21 reviews, 124 photos, 9 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Auckland Intro, 46 reviews, 76 photos, 2 travelogues
- Queen Charlotte Sound Intro, 21 reviews, 96 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Rotorua Intro, 15 reviews, 91 photos, 6 travelogues
- National Park Intro, 21 reviews, 71 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Mount Maunganui Intro, 19 reviews, 72 photos, 4 travelogues
- Northern Territory Intro, 1 review, 84 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Waiheke Island Intro, 20 reviews, 54 photos, 5 travelogues