Waharoa Things to Do Tips by kiwi
Waharoa Things to Do: 2 reviews and 2 photos
And you can do other activities at the aerodrome, not just gliding. There is skydiving, flying, microlights, and models. It's a very busy little airport, especially during the summer months.
Address: St Hwy 27, Waharoa.
Directions: Just north of Waharoa on Hwy 27, around 11kms north of Matamata.
Gliding at Waharoa/Matamata.
Enjoy the exhiliration of flight without the noise and vibrations of an engine. A truly worthwhile experience, and you can easily take photos out the canopy of the lovely countryside below. It's really a maze of every shade of green you can imagine!
Trial flights cost from $75 - $175 NZD.
They fly Sat/Sun and Wednesdays, and public holidays.
Address: P.O. Box 100, Matamata.
Directions: Matamata Airfield located at Waharoa, just north of Matamata on State highway 27. This is about 160km southeast of Auckland. En route to Rotorua.
Other Contact: www.gliding.co.nz
Phone: 64 - 7 - 827 8841
More Reviews (1)
kiwi's Related Pages
Waharoa Travel Guide
Explore the World
- Fushe-Kruje Hotels
- Magog Hotels
- Provincia de Coclé
- Baimu Hotels
- Valle de Bravo
- Manhasset Hotels
Badges & Stats in Waharoa
- 3 Reviews
- 18 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 5 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (60)
Have you been to Waharoa?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Waharoa
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination New Zealand Intro, 88 reviews, 196 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Queenstown Intro, 33 reviews, 110 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Hamilton Intro, 18 reviews, 113 photos, 9 travelogues
- Queen Charlotte Sound Intro, 21 reviews, 96 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Auckland Intro, 45 reviews, 69 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Rotorua Intro, 15 reviews, 91 photos, 6 travelogues
- National Park Intro, 21 reviews, 71 photos, 5 travelogues
- Northern Territory Intro, 1 review, 84 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Mount Maunganui Intro, 19 reviews, 66 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Waiheke Island Intro, 20 reviews, 54 photos, 5 travelogues