"Wairere Falls" Wairere Falls by kiwi
Wairere Falls Travel Guide: 10 reviews and 30 photos
Driving south on Hwy 27 you have probably seen Wairere Falls a million times over on the horizon. You may have even wondered, what it's name is and can you get there.
So here are all the answers, and the nearest town is Matamata. Why not come down one weekend and check it out!
Nestled in the lovely North Island bush, the walk to the base of the Wairere Falls is well worth the effort.
The Wairere Falls are sited on the Kaimai Range, and easily visible from Hwy 27 heading south. Look towards the East and you can usually see them very easily.
Got together with some VT friends and we walked up to the falls. Here I am with allikat (Allison) and kiwitrekker (Jeff & Sally). We went with more friends but had this special VT photo taken.
- Pros:Lovely bush, nice walk to beautiful Falls.
- Cons:Steep staircase, can be quite wet up there.
- In a nutshell:Relatively short easy walk to the Falls.
When you see these Department of Conservations warning signs, take heed of them, as they will be there for a very good... more travel advice
Situated just 10 mins drive from Matamata, the Wairere Falls walk is a nice group activity if you are in the area. Just... more travel advice
kiwi's Related Pages
Wairere Falls Travel Guide
Badges & Stats in Wairere Falls
- 6 Reviews
- 26 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 15 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (62)
Have you been to Wairere Falls?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Wairere Falls
Photos in Wairere FallsSee All Photos (26)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination New Zealand Intro, 87 reviews, 192 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Queenstown Intro, 35 reviews, 115 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Hamilton Intro, 19 reviews, 115 photos, 9 travelogues
- Queen Charlotte Sound Intro, 21 reviews, 96 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Auckland Intro, 45 reviews, 69 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Rotorua Intro, 15 reviews, 91 photos, 6 travelogues
- National Park Intro, 21 reviews, 71 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Mount Maunganui Intro, 19 reviews, 72 photos, 4 travelogues
- Northern Territory Intro, 1 review, 84 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Waiheke Island Intro, 20 reviews, 54 photos, 5 travelogues