"QUEENSTOWN - One of The Leading Mountain resorts" Top 5 Page for this destination Queenstown by kiwi
Queenstown Travel Guide: 649 reviews and 1,735 photos
Queenstown is a funloving adventure sodden town set in very beautiful mountains and scenery. Bungy Jumping, Jet boat river riding, Whitewater rafting, Parapenting, skydiving, flying, skiing, climbing, hiking and so many activities to keep you occupied here for a funfilled visit.
Here is a great webpage for looking up the various activities in Queenstown: www.queenstownnz.co.nz.
Lake Wakatipu is the third largest lake in New Zealand. One interesting feature of this glacial lake, is it's unusual tide-like change in water level. The steep sides to the lake creat this effect, of around 12 cm rise and fall every 5 minutes. Quite unique!
You could say Queenstown is the Home of Bungy Jumping. The Extreme sport that has it's origins on Pentecost Island, Vanuatu. But later developed into a sport using latex bungy cords instead of vines, AJ Hackett and Henry van Asch began their dream in Auckland, however Queenstown was the site of the first commercial Bungy operation.
Equally as beautiful without snow, Lake Wakatipu and The Remarkables in behind, looks stunning from up the Skyline Gondola
Coronet Peak and The Remarkables skifields are great places to visit for superb skiing. Even if you don't ski, it's well worth going up there, sitting in the cafe and taking in the view. On a nice day you are truly 'On Top of the World'!!
Coronet Peak also offers night time skiing on certain occassions, and that is very exhilerating. Even from the lower areas, to look up and see the lights on the snow and lights coming down the mountain is spectacular.
- Pros:Snow, bungy jumps, jet boats, stunning scenery...
- Cons:Can be cold, lots of tourists.
- In a nutshell:Fun! Action! Beauty! So much to do here....
Located in the relatively new Lake Hayes Estate, this very fresh and new cafe was a really pleasant delight. We basked... more travel advice
Not to be confused with the Vudu Cafe in Beach Street (Which sadly closed down Jan 2016), Queenstown, this sister cafe... more travel advice
- See All Perfect location, Great Hotel
- See All Hot Tip - Cheap activity
- See All Parking in Queenstown
- One of the most stunning airports to fly...
kiwi's Related Pages
Queenstown Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Get Crazy in New Zealand's Fun Capital"
- "QUEENSTOWN - One of The Leading Mountain resorts"
- "Queenstown - feel the adrenaline!"
- "A town fit for a Queen"
- "Queenstown - the adrenaline capital"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Queenstown
- Hotels in Queenstown
- Transportation in Queenstown
- Nightlife in Queenstown
- Restaurants in Queenstown
- Shopping in Queenstown
- Warnings and Dangers in Queenstown
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Queenstown
- 38 Reviews
- 129 Photos
- 69 Forum posts
- 34 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (128)
Have you been to Queenstown?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Queenstown
- Posted in Miscellaneous Forum "Re: Lets play famous people and..."
- Wrote a Review New and Fresh about Grazë Restaurant and Bar in Queenstown Restaurants
- Uploaded a Photo to "New and Fresh"
- Commented on one of kiwi's Queenstown tips
- Commented on the Queenstown Things to Do travel guide
- updated a Queenstown Travel Page "QUEENSTOWN - One of The Leading Mountain resorts"
- Uploaded a Video to Queenstown
Videos in QueenstownSee All Videos (2)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination New Zealand Intro, 85 reviews, 186 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Queenstown Intro, 38 reviews, 120 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Hamilton Intro, 21 reviews, 124 photos, 9 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Auckland Intro, 46 reviews, 76 photos, 2 travelogues
- Queen Charlotte Sound Intro, 21 reviews, 96 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Rotorua Intro, 15 reviews, 91 photos, 6 travelogues
- National Park Intro, 21 reviews, 71 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Mount Maunganui Intro, 19 reviews, 72 photos, 4 travelogues
- Northern Territory Intro, 1 review, 84 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Wellington Intro, 22 reviews, 56 photos, 4 travelogues