"WELLINGTON - The Capital of our country." Top 5 Page for this destination Wellington by kiwi
Wellington Travel Guide: 606 reviews and 1,335 photos
Wellington really is the most amazing city. Often ridiculed by the rest of the country, one needs to spend time here to let the love grow. It is a geographically beautiful but "separated" town. There are patches of houses in every corner, but often separated by the contour of the land. Roads in these housing areas are more like a maze than the layout of a modern city. But the land dictates here, and many houses are built on very very steep sections of land, leaving often no place for parking vehicles. Public transport is more common here than in other parts of New Zealand, mostly because a situation of necessity.
Wellington is a culturally enriched city with a high emphasis on the arts. Diverse and colourful sections of the community live here too, perhaps tolerance is greater, I am not sure.
Whatever, Wellington can never be called boring or ugly.
Yes it's the Government home for our country and a lot of companies have their head office here too. It does compete, though, with Auckland as the business capital of New Zealand.
Wellington is becoming the movie centre of New Zealand and along with that goes the associated businesses. Here a vehicle advertises the expertise of it's technicians. "Lord of the Rings" is a showcase of the capabilities of creative Kiwis. By this I mean creating the movie, of course Tolkien wrote the story.
- Pros:Colourful place with colourful people. Great City!
- Cons:The wind! The wind!
- In a nutshell:City with Character, Visually attractive and well located.
The Lighthouse Cinema is well worth a visit to see a Film Season movie, in comfort and style. It's a small cinema, where... more travel advice
Wellington has a very efficient bus service called Go Wellington. The buses run at regular intervals and go to most... more travel advice
kiwi's Related Pages
Wellington Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "A Capital on Shaky Hills and wind-swept Seas"
- "Wellington - Capital of New Zealand"
- "Raffish and Energetic - Quirky and Agreeable"
- "WELLINGTON - The Capital of our country."
- "wellington, nz"
- "Makara Beach"
- "Windy Wellington"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Wellington
- Hotels in Wellington
- Transportation in Wellington
- Nightlife in Wellington
- Restaurants in Wellington
- Shopping in Wellington
- Warnings and Dangers in Wellington
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Wellington
- 22 Reviews
- 56 Photos
- 16 Forum posts
- 15 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (128)
Have you been to Wellington?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Wellington
- Posted in Technical Help Forum "Re: How do I unfollow a place?"
- Uploaded a Photo to "Small Cinema with Style and Character"
- Wrote a Review Small Cinema with Style and Character about The Lighthouse Cinema in Wellington Things to Do
- Commented on the Wellington travel guide
- updated a Wellington Travel Page "WELLINGTON - The Capital of our country."
- Commented on one of Assenczo's Wellington travel pages
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination New Zealand Intro, 87 reviews, 192 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Queenstown Intro, 34 reviews, 110 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Hamilton Intro, 20 reviews, 118 photos, 9 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Auckland Intro, 46 reviews, 76 photos, 2 travelogues
- Queen Charlotte Sound Intro, 21 reviews, 96 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Rotorua Intro, 15 reviews, 91 photos, 6 travelogues
- National Park Intro, 21 reviews, 71 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Mount Maunganui Intro, 19 reviews, 72 photos, 4 travelogues
- Northern Territory Intro, 1 review, 84 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Wellington Intro, 22 reviews, 56 photos, 4 travelogues