"FRANCE" France by kiwi

France Travel Guide: 59,671 reviews and 163,244 photos

France is my alltime favourite country for many reasons. Architecture, culture, history, food, wine, people,language, scenery and so many things.
Everyone should visit France at least once in their lifetime, but more if possible. Here I am with Mont Blanc in behind.
DON'T FORGET TO VIEW MY VARIOUS FRANCE LOCATION PAGES TO BE FOUND ON MY PAGES LIST.
I have written a page about Chambord for you to see more detail and information.
Visit this lovely towns website to find out more about Besançon:

Castles of the Loire.

No visit to France is complete until you have seen the Châteaux of the Loire. Mystical, Historic, and often eerie, these big beasts captivate your imagination.
Well set up for tourists, they are relatively easily accessible, just give yourself lots of time.

The Wonder of Provence.

Provence-Alpes-Côte d'Azur is really my most favourite region of France. Naturally a warmer climate, being in the south on the Mediterranean, there is so much diversity within this part of the country that I find so very interesting. The coast with its affluent but sometimes inaccessible towns, and also the inland areas that provide their own special appeal.

• Pros:The people, the culture, the food and wine, oh just everything!
  • Cons:Seems everyone wants to go here in summer.
  • In a nutshell:France draws me closer and closer every time!
  • Last visit to France: Jun 2002
  • Intro Updated Aug 17, 2011

• wandeljp's Profile Photo
    Jun 1, 2009 at 12:45 AM

Funny to see how people from so fare away see what we daily live in. Good tips. Jean-Pierre.

• rexvaughan's Profile Photo
    Sep 4, 2007 at 8:20 AM

Nice to see other than Paris so well appreciated. Did you get caught speeding, Pam???

• tiabunna's Profile Photo
    Feb 28, 2006 at 1:51 PM

Very enjoyable page, Pam. It nicely picks up the things that make France so enjoyable - can't wait to go again.

• tpangelinan's Profile Photo
    Jul 15, 2005 at 1:43 PM

Great page Pam, sounds like our cup of tea! Wonderful coverage, photos and information. The Elixir of Life sound like a fix all or an alcoholics dream drink! Thank for the info. :o)

• CandS's Profile Photo
    Jun 30, 2004 at 4:56 AM

Fantastic page! We only saw Paris in France...next time I hope to see more!!! :)

• Redlats's Profile Photo
    Nov 15, 2003 at 11:58 AM

We tried a lot of the cheeses in Switzerland too. I enjoyed reading your impressions

• ettenaj's Profile Photo
    Oct 25, 2003 at 7:48 AM

That cable car looks a little too scary for me!!!! Nice page

• MEdelmann's Profile Photo
    May 18, 2003 at 1:40 AM

Lot´s of good infos and great pics! I like your tip of drinking wine instead of water .... :-))

• Canadienne's Profile Photo
    May 2, 2003 at 4:46 PM

That cow postcard is quite funny! I love France as well, although I haven't made it to many of the Loire chateaux. . .beautiful photos of Chambord. Lovely page.

• Porteplume's Profile Photo
    Dec 17, 2002 at 1:43 PM

Ah oui !... Une omelette avec des "girolles" et un petit verre de Chartreuse after that - the Green one - Mmmmm... - Amicalement - Viviane - [PS: you forgot the I in Aiguille du Midi - needle]

kiwi Visits Here Frequently!

kiwi

“Travel is the world's best education.”

Badges & Stats in France