"Lie on your back and watch the clouds!!" kiwi's Profile
I walked the KEPLER TRACK in the Fiordland region of the South Island of New Zealand. Simply amazing, awesome and ON TOP OF THE WORLD!! Photos and pages posted.......
Welcome to VT! I'm Pam and have been here for a while, 14 years in fact. My birthyear is 1956 so you can work out my age. Can't post year only in the personal details. VT is a great place to meet fellow travellers and research destinations. As an active member you become part of a very friendly community.
I had 10 days driving the backbone of the South Island, my favourite part of NZ. The Southern Alps mountain range runs down thru the middle of the long island, and has many many wonderful features. I love clouds, mountains and weather, so traveling in the autumn period was always going to be ?interesting?.
This photo is an area I had not previously visited, Glenorchy just 45 mins drive north up the shores of Lake Wakatipu from Queenstown. It is also the area where Peter Jackson chose to film some of the scenes in the Lord of the Rings (Tolkien) trilogy.
As I mentioned I had a mixture of weather, and with the advent of digital photography and endless photo memory, I was able to shoot off hundreds of photos. Now I have the huge task of sifting thru them and resizing to load onto VT.
I will never tire of this area, and although I had the opportunity to return to Christchurch via the coastal road, I couldn?t resist driving back, again, through the mountains. Sadly on both journeys, Mt Cook was covered in bad weather so I didn?t venture closer in to see it.
I did get some nice distance photos though.
I'm passionate about my country, and love to showcase it.
Check out one flight I did to our gorgeous coastline here .
If you enjoy the throbbing sound of the Merlin, and the beauty of the Spitfire's design, you need to go to the Warbirds Over Wanaka show. See it here on my Spitfires travelogue and also here.
My mother was a skydive instructor and I did many jumps in my earlier years. But that was a long time ago, so doing this tandem after 20 years was quite the experience!!
Check out my Perris, California page and view the travelogues to see more of the skydive.
I am a big Tintin fan and love his life of travel,adventure and journalism. Long live Tintin!!
I don't experience quite the adventures of Tintin, but you can see some of mine on these pages:
NewZealand>Skippers page - Scariest Trip travelogue.
New Zealand>Napier - Weekend Adventure Travelogue.
New Zealand>Lake Ohau - flight over this barren area.
California>Perris Valley Skydive!- Get your knees in the breeze!
I have an extensive New Zealand page however I am slowly building more and more pages about different towns and areas of the country.
I guess I specialise in pages New Zealand, and hope to keep building.
If you have an interest, visit this page to see Hobbiton from the Lord of the Rings movie, in Middle Earth:
My favourite pages are:
New Zealand>Doubtful Sound.
New Zealand>Lake Ohau.
New Zealand>Waiheke Island.
New Zealand>Waihou River
I'd like to recommend some great VT member pages:
SirRichard - He is the master of VT with his pages and paintings.
worldtrekker-Ernst is so very interesting and his photography is superb.
Ekahau - Paul writes about my favourite place Antarctica and also treats us to the special destination of Tristan da Cunha. Be sure to take some time to have a look. Also check out his visit to the Embera Indians in Tintin style on his Panama page.
MacKiwi - HongKong and Bangkok and China!! He is the best in Asia!!
keeweechic - She has such an immense amount of information to give!
ATLC - Anke-Thea has such full & interesting pages on countries like France and Netherlands, as well she takes us to remote locations as French Guiana and Suriname. Thanx my friend, and you understand New Zealand so well!!
lihue - Uli's pages on Antarctica and New Zealand are superb.
richiecdisc - He is a great photojournalist!! And a long time friend here.
Geoff_Wright - Geoff is the Lord of the SthWest of England, and VT's gentleman.
daarth - David, long time member of VT, our sailing adventurer.
Pawtuxet - She is teaching me about Rhode Island and Providence.
BenFromParis - Ben is the best Parisian host. thanx Ben!
RamSter - A young very enthusiastic traveller, on whose pages you can read about Australia and Croatia, both of which he knows very well. Go look!
Kiwigal_1 - Kiwigal has great knowledge on her Japan pages from living there and also has a lot to share on Mongolia.
AliJoe - Kamal is one of my oldest friends on VT and his pages on countries like Afghanistan are well worth reading.
giampiero6 - Our trusty leader, hahaha. But he knows so much about Italy and I love his Joshua Tree page, I want to go there!!
frankcanfly's Antarctic page - this is the most uptodate and "real" page on the ice continent on VT. Amazing!
Waxbag - has some very interesting family travel pages, I admire him greatly!
munki - his travel photos are superb. Simply outstanding. Go take a look!!
1+1 - his outback Australian exploits are phenominal!
This is my favourite book. Written by the author of the popular "Jonathan Livingstone Seagull" Richard Bach, this story is slightly different. Still aviation based but with a different slant. The main character, Donald Shimoda, is my real mentor and if only I could fly like he does.
I'd have clean leading edges, with not a bug in sight.........
Top Travel Pages
Explore the World
- Bacolod City Hotels
- Niagara Falls Hotels
- Boracay Island Hotels
- Davao Hotels
- Pengkalan Balak Hotels
- Coron Hotels
- Southern Province Hotels
- Goose Rocks Beach Hotels
- Ipoh Hotels
- State of Jammu and Kashmir Hotels
- Atlantic City Hotels
- Broad Ripple Hotels
- St. John's Hotels
- Pensacola Beach Hotels
- Boon Lay Hotels
- Winnipeg Hotels
- Addis Ababa Hotels
- Beijing Hotels
- Abu Dhabi Hotels
Share your travels with the world!Join Now!
Badges & Stats
- 756 Reviews
- 3,060 Photos
- 7 Countries
- 108 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (63)
- Commented on EagleEye's profile page
- Posted in Technical Help Forum "Re: Posting a tip"
- kiwi and Treshi are now friends.
- updated a Crater Lake National Park Travel Page "Crater Lake in the National Park"
- Uploaded a Photo to "Crater Lake in the National Park"
- Wrote a Review Taste of France Downunder in Queenstown Restaurants
- Commented on the Secret Harbour Beach Resort Villas, Saint Thomas travel guide
updated their Profile Page "Lie on your back and watch the clouds!!"
- Uploaded a Video to New Zealand
VideosSee All Videos (24)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination New Zealand Intro, 88 reviews, 196 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Queenstown Intro, 35 reviews, 115 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Hamilton Intro, 19 reviews, 115 photos, 9 travelogues
- Queen Charlotte Sound Intro, 21 reviews, 96 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Auckland Intro, 45 reviews, 69 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Rotorua Intro, 15 reviews, 91 photos, 6 travelogues
- National Park Intro, 21 reviews, 71 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Mount Maunganui Intro, 19 reviews, 67 photos, 4 travelogues
- Northern Territory Intro, 1 review, 84 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Waiheke Island Intro, 20 reviews, 54 photos, 5 travelogues
- Paris Hotels
- 22459 Reviews - 54964 Photos
- Dubai Hotels
- 2701 Reviews - 7925 Photos
- London Hotels
- 23314 Reviews - 48908 Photos
- New York City Hotels
- 15642 Reviews - 31276 Photos
- Manila Hotels
- 2025 Reviews - 4971 Photos
- Playa del Carmen Hotels
- 780 Reviews - 1749 Photos
- Orlando Hotels
- 3092 Reviews - 5855 Photos
- Cancún Hotels
- 1933 Reviews - 3724 Photos
- Punta Cana Hotels
- 422 Reviews - 1020 Photos
- Baguio Hotels
- 328 Reviews - 894 Photos
- Goa Hotels
- 2058 Reviews - 3874 Photos
- Rome Hotels
- 12023 Reviews - 26760 Photos
- Bangkok Hotels
- 10315 Reviews - 22905 Photos
- Istanbul Hotels
- 7828 Reviews - 20233 Photos
- Las Vegas Hotels
- 8419 Reviews - 17290 Photos