"My Traveling is my hobby and my passion" albleroy's Profile

Our second "be at home"

Tenerife is a "PARADISE" as well in somer as during our continental winter. During the coldest period, in the south, temp. is never below the 20/23°C. The hottest period is Aug. , Sept. and Oct.. End Sept. beginning Oct. 2004 we had the "Calima" hot aer comming from the nearby Sahara desert approching the 40°C.
In the evening it is very pleasant for walking alongside the the beach. We often walk from Los Cristianos to Compostella Beach feet in the seewater, splendid and extra for blood circulation!!! It is a massage. During october water was about 26/27°C at 20h.
I am nearly allways in the mountains as I am doing field research, I am a botanist and during the 18 years we are on the Island I found several new species of plants.
Do you like to join us during april/may or october, contact me I can arrange for you a cheap holiday.

In the mountains

As I am nearly all the time in the mountains I have a good contact with the local people. Several comunities lives still in caves(!!!!) at nearly 2 1/2 houres walk from the civilised world. You can't imaginate how peasefull the live, nearly autosufficiant in food and with very pore contact with the outern world.
Their bigest problem is ofcaers in case of illness, A doctor can't join them during night, but apart of that they have a paradise on earth, No heating needed, as they are in the vallei, they have water, and the sun shines 360 days a year, Inside the caves temperature is egual during all seasons. As from the moment you can talk a little spanish they do an effort to make them understandeble.

Winter on the volcano "El Teide"

The volcano "El Teide" is the highest mountain from Spain (3718m). This is the latest volcano formation (1909) who was formed on the sidewalls of the older "Pico Viejo" (3106m), The original crater (Les Canadas) has a diameter of 15KM (yes you read well) and a circumference of 75 Km. The Teide and the Pico Viejo are about 300,000 years old. The Teide is still awake and a daily expulsion of sulphurdamps can be measured. The crater (El Pilon) has a diam of 60 meter and is 32 meter deep,
During the winter period you can observe the magnificant white mantle of snow (see pict.)

Whale and Dolphin watching

Tenerife is not only known for his beaches and the sun, but also for his high population of sea mammels. A large number of whales and dolphins can be observed between the Island of Tenerife and La Gomera. Here, between the islands,is the sea very deep, upto 5000m, and due to the warm and cold ocean streams who meet eachother here is the sea rich in fish (dolphin) and squid (whales) of deepsea. Excursions to observe this mammals are observed from the port of Los Cristianos and the Puerto Colon in Las Americas.

The flowers are on the trees

the whole year the nature is full of flowering plants
Here the "orchid tree" - "Bauhinia variegata "

Holly friday

Every year at the occasion of Holly Friday, in the village of Adeje, in the south of Tenerife they have a representation of the pssion of Jesus Christ. This takes place in open air in the main street of the village, starts at 12 o'clock to end with the crusification of Crist at 15.00. A impressive spectacle!!!! A real must, even for non believers or non Christians.

best Restaurant of Cristianos ,

This is the "Cheffe" of the Restaurant "Lit§tle Italy" cituated in the Calle Juan XXII , about in the middle of the street. When you say you are comming on recommendation of Albert & Jacqueline from Belgium , you will certainly become a free "pousse cafee"
Ask for Antonio !!!! He talks English and German, Spanish allso ofcoars

the Internation observatorium "IZANA"

On this place several nationalities work together to detect new things in the univers !!!! They are here because NO POLUTION here!!!

• Intro Updated Aug 4, 2006

• kahnjetta's Profile Photo
    Dec 15, 2014 at 4:14 PM

Happy Birthday! I hope you have a great day.

• olja1234's Profile Photo
    Dec 18, 2013 at 7:25 AM

Belated B-day wishes to you. All the best in your life. Hope you had a great day.

Dec 18, 2013 at 8:10 AM

Thank you Olja , but this makes me once again 1 year older !!!! (possible wiser ??) Greetings, Albert

• gabynicolae's Profile Photo
    Dec 16, 2013 at 12:04 AM

Happy Birthday from Romania! Nice party, health, successes, money and more and more travels!

Dec 16, 2013 at 2:03 AM

Thanks a lot my dear friend , unfortunately it is once again year older !!!

• toemayn's Profile Photo
    Dec 15, 2013 at 2:44 PM

Hope your birthday is filled with all the fun you can handle!

Dec 16, 2013 at 2:03 AM

thanks my dear friend , but once again it is year older !!!!

• deemoss's Profile Photo
    Mar 14, 2013 at 5:36 AM

Albert hi, I wonder if you could help. We are going to tenerife for christmas next year , however, I fancy north tenerife green botanic gardens etc but partner has to get the sun for health reasons also. Is there a good website that does weather forecast north and south tenerife that I could watch? any suggestions I would appreciate, thanks

• olja1234's Profile Photo
    Dec 18, 2011 at 11:55 AM

Wishing you a veryHappy Birthday and all the best. Hope you had a wonderful day.

• Belsaita's Profile Photo
    Dec 19, 2008 at 7:39 AM

Happy belated birthday Albert! Merry Christmas and a happy 2009. Cheers, Isa

• adinda's Profile Photo
    Dec 15, 2008 at 6:32 AM

Albert, een hele fijne verjaardag gewenst, met nog vele mooi reizen!

• traveloturc's Profile Photo
    Dec 15, 2007 at 4:27 AM

Happy birthday to you from Istanbul/Turkiye...I wish that you realize all your dreams good luck !!!))))

• gabynicolae's Profile Photo
    Jan 2, 2007 at 4:28 AM

You're wright about driving time in Tenerife. Happy New Year and many greetings from Romania ! Gabriel

Share your travels with the world!

Join Now!