"Nara" Nara by kooka3
Nara Travel Guide: 15 reviews and 84 photos
Nara is very close to Kyoto, so it's worth taking a day and checking it out.
Nara was the capitol of the country during the 7th century.
The deer are sacred here, so you will see them all over the city, but especially in the parks. They are protected, so it is illegal to do anything that could harm them.
Other than that, there are also beautiful temples, just like every place else in Japan! ;)
In Nara-Koen park, there are over 1000 deer. They aren't fenced in, so the number is always changing. They pretty much... more travel advice
kooka3's Related Pages
Nara Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Watch Out......Its Deer"
- "huesten's new Nara page"
- "garibaldi's new Nara Page"
- "Nara --- Somewhere in TIME"
- "Nara - town of temples!"
- "HIROKO333's new Nara Page"
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Nara
- 2 Reviews
- 1 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (13)
Have you been to Nara?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Nara
Top 10 Pages
- Sydney Intro, 34 reviews, 32 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Ithaca Intro, 28 reviews, 14 photos, 1 travelogue
- Boston Intro, 22 reviews, 16 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Syracuse Intro, 25 reviews, 10 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Binghamton Intro, 27 reviews, 8 photos
- Washington D.C. Intro, 13 reviews, 8 photos
- Wolfeboro Intro, 10 reviews, 7 photos
- Kakadu National Park Intro, 8 reviews, 8 photos
- San Diego 5 reviews, 10 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Port Arthur Intro, 8 reviews, 6 photos