"Welcome to "the oldest summer resort"" Wolfeboro by kooka3

Wolfeboro Travel Guide: 23 reviews and 48 photos

Living in a tourist trap . . .

Wolfeboro is a pretty, quaint, "traditional" New England town. In the winter, it's dead. In the summer, the population about quadruples . . . LOTS of tourists and people who own summer homes. If you like to kick back and relax, shop in "quaint" shops, or swim and boat, there's lots to do. If you're looking for lots of nightlife, don't bother! This is a make-your-own-fun sort of town.

I lived here for 5 years. I grew to love the place, even though we would complain about it a lot. It's amazing how quickly we got used to driving 45-60 minutes to see a movie! However, the beauty of the area really did make up for it.

• Pros:Natural beauty, lots of water sports, small town feeling
  • Cons:don't expect "big city perks"
  • Last visit to Wolfeboro: Oct 2004
  • Intro Updated Jan 21, 2005

• KiKitC's Profile Photo
    Mar 1, 2010 at 3:56 AM

Great tips. I know what it's like to live in a tourist trap. Thanks for sharing. Happy birthday from New Jersey!

• iandsmith's Profile Photo
    Nov 24, 2006 at 11:38 AM

Yes, I have to say that's the first tip I've seen relevant to stamp collectors! Thank you for sharing.

• Agraichen's Profile Photo
    Feb 27, 2005 at 7:16 PM

"Dead in the winter" ? Try Waterville Valley. When I was there the population was 52 after 8 PM and into 10,000 during the day....

• aussiedoug's Profile Photo
    Feb 16, 2005 at 5:31 AM

Mocha coffee, a good bookshop, yummy choccies & beautiful water views. Sounds like my kind of summer place. Any skiing (downhill) nearby in winter time?

• syllybabe's Profile Photo
    Aug 5, 2003 at 6:14 PM

Wolfeboro is the prettiest little town! I love those shops on the main street. Even without pictures your page brings back warm memories. Thanks for sharing.

kooka3

“Above all nations comes humanity.”

Badges & Stats in Wolfeboro

Have you been to Wolfeboro?