"Welcome to "the oldest summer resort"" Wolfeboro by kooka3
Wolfeboro Travel Guide: 23 reviews and 48 photos
Wolfeboro is a pretty, quaint, "traditional" New England town. In the winter, it's dead. In the summer, the population about quadruples . . . LOTS of tourists and people who own summer homes. If you like to kick back and relax, shop in "quaint" shops, or swim and boat, there's lots to do. If you're looking for lots of nightlife, don't bother! This is a make-your-own-fun sort of town.
I lived here for 5 years. I grew to love the place, even though we would complain about it a lot. It's amazing how quickly we got used to driving 45-60 minutes to see a movie! However, the beauty of the area really did make up for it.
- Pros:Natural beauty, lots of water sports, small town feeling
- Cons:don't expect "big city perks"
A "tradition" in Wolfeboro is for people to get ice cream from Bailey's Bubble and people-watch in town. Bailey's is a... more travel advice
The restuarant has a wonderful atmosphere. The lower level is fairly formal, the upper bar area is laid-back, and the... more travel advice
kooka3's Related Pages
Wolfeboro Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Wolfeboro - the Oldest Summer Resort in America"
- "Welcome to "the oldest summer resort""
- See All...
- Things to Do in Wolfeboro
- Hotels in Wolfeboro
- Transportation in Wolfeboro
- Nightlife in Wolfeboro
- Restaurants in Wolfeboro
- Shopping in Wolfeboro
- Warnings and Dangers in Wolfeboro
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Wolfeboro
- 10 Reviews
- 7 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 5 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (12)
Have you been to Wolfeboro?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Wolfeboro
- Posted in Travel Caribbean and Central America Forum "Recommendations for a good..."
- Uploaded a Photo to "Sit out on the deck of Garwoods"
- Commented on one of Krumlovgirl's Wolfeboro travel pages
- Wrote a Review Your choice of 2 places for Chinese food in Wolfeboro Restaurants
- updated a Wolfeboro Travel Page "Welcome to "the oldest summer resort""
Top 10 Pages
- Sydney Intro, 34 reviews, 32 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Ithaca Intro, 28 reviews, 14 photos, 1 travelogue
- Boston Intro, 22 reviews, 16 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Syracuse Intro, 25 reviews, 10 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Binghamton Intro, 27 reviews, 8 photos
- Washington D.C. Intro, 13 reviews, 8 photos
- Wolfeboro Intro, 10 reviews, 7 photos
- Kakadu National Park Intro, 8 reviews, 8 photos
- San Diego 5 reviews, 10 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Port Arthur Intro, 8 reviews, 6 photos