"Vanuatu's capital" Port-Vila by kooka3
Port-Vila Travel Guide: 122 reviews and 256 photos
I spent a total of about 6 days in Port Vila. I didn't really know what to expect.
It was an interesting experience, and a nice place to check out. The harbor is definitely the highlight of the city - most of the activities, restaurants, etc center around it.
Although I divided my time between getting ready for research on Pentecost and just enjoying myself, I did get to do a lot of exploring the city. I wouldn't have classified it as a tourist desination, but I guess it was, depending on the number of tourists around. Most people tended to come from New Zealand and Australia, not surprising based on the proximity. Vila is just over a 3 hour flight from Sydney.
Vila is definitely an interesting city, but not a lot to DO - so it's good for finding a beach and relaxing/reading a book without feeling like you're missing anything or feeling "guilty" about not sightseeing or doing anything else! :)
- Pros:nice people
This is a nice restaurant with great food, great wine, and a great ambiance. You will pay, though. Most entrees cost... more travel advice
Iririki Island Resort is a private island just offshore from Vila, so it's really quiet and offers great views of the... more travel advice
kooka3's Related Pages
Port-Vila Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Vila Town..."
- "A hot place in Oceania"
- "Beautiful Vanuatu"
- "Capital of Vanuatu"
- "Port Vila, December 2004 - January 2005"
- "Vanuatu's capital"
- "Vanuatu 02'"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Port-Vila
- Hotels in Port-Vila
- Transportation in Port-Vila
- Nightlife in Port-Vila
- Restaurants in Port-Vila
- Shopping in Port-Vila
- Warnings and Dangers in Port-Vila
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Port-Vila
- 6 Reviews
- 6 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 3 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (12)
Have you been to Port-Vila?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Port-Vila
Photos in Port-VilaSee All Photos (6)
Top 10 Pages
- Sydney Intro, 34 reviews, 32 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Ithaca Intro, 28 reviews, 14 photos, 1 travelogue
- Boston Intro, 22 reviews, 16 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Syracuse Intro, 25 reviews, 10 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Binghamton Intro, 27 reviews, 8 photos
- Washington D.C. Intro, 13 reviews, 8 photos
- Wolfeboro Intro, 10 reviews, 7 photos
- Kakadu National Park Intro, 8 reviews, 8 photos
- San Diego 5 reviews, 10 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Port Arthur Intro, 8 reviews, 6 photos