"Vanuatu's capital" Port-Vila by kooka3

Port-Vila Travel Guide: 121 reviews and 256 photos

Interesting place

I spent a total of about 6 days in Port Vila. I didn't really know what to expect.

It was an interesting experience, and a nice place to check out. The harbor is definitely the highlight of the city - most of the activities, restaurants, etc center around it.

Although I divided my time between getting ready for research on Pentecost and just enjoying myself, I did get to do a lot of exploring the city. I wouldn't have classified it as a tourist desination, but I guess it was, depending on the number of tourists around. Most people tended to come from New Zealand and Australia, not surprising based on the proximity. Vila is just over a 3 hour flight from Sydney.

Vila is definitely an interesting city, but not a lot to DO - so it's good for finding a beach and relaxing/reading a book without feeling like you're missing anything or feeling "guilty" about not sightseeing or doing anything else! :)

• Pros:nice people
  • Cons:expensive
  • Last visit to Port-Vila: Jul 2005
  • Intro Written Jul 28, 2005

• Hermanater's Profile Photo
    Mar 1, 2007 at 11:09 AM

Happy Birthday...looks like a nice place but I don't see any beach photos .......

• nipper1's Profile Photo
    Oct 7, 2005 at 5:52 PM

yes, we have an advantage to travel here, still I have not done it, yet. good infos and great pics

• CandS's Profile Photo
    Jul 31, 2005 at 5:38 PM

Great start! I LOVED Vanuatu!!!! Such an amazing place...I'd go back in a flash... :)

kooka3

“Above all nations comes humanity.”

Badges & Stats in Port-Vila

Have you been to Port-Vila?

Latest Activity in Port-Vila