"My second home" Sydney by kooka3
Sydney Travel Guide: 5,886 reviews and 13,851 photos
I lived in Sydney for a year to go to Sydney Uni. It feels like my second home, and if I had the money to stay, I would have.
Most people only view Sydney as the harbour; although there are AMAZING things to do in and around the harbour, that's not the only thing in Sydney that's wonderful.
The thing that impressed me the most about the city is how green it is. Trees and flowers are everywhere. It's one of the nicest cities I've ever been in. There is an area that feels like a city - the Central Business District (CBD) that has the skyscrapers and busy feel. Mostly, though, the city sprawls, much like LA does. Most of the buildings outside the CBD are no more than 5 or 6 stories high. The suburbs are wonderful and full of surprises - Saturday markets in school yards, little cafes, bookstores, etc. You could spend days wandering through the different areas of the city - each suburb has a different feel: Glebe is very bohemian; Newtown has lots of Thai and Indian restaurants as well as a big gay population; King's corner is the "red-light district" -- or as close as Sydney gets to it.
This is a view of the opera house you probably won't see too often! - I'm sitting on the steps of the opera house waiting for a friend to meet me. This is a great people-watching place!
Sydney is full of contrasts! Make sure you take the time to look around you as you walk around the city. This is taken right in the Central Business District.
- Pros:Plenty to explore, every kind of restaurant/museum/entertainment that you could want
- Cons:expensive like most big cities.
Step onto the edge . . . Skywalk is a unique high-altitude adventure on top of Sydney Tower. Before going out onto the... more travel advice
I think this is one of the nicest beaches in Sydney. It is relatively small and easily accessible from downtown, yet it... more travel advice
- See All Monorail
- Ghost Tour: not your typical night life,...
- See All Amazing Greek Food
- Give it a try
kooka3's Related Pages
Sydney Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "What do you do with your weekend?"
- "Love Those Sydneysiders"
- "Sydney - For the discerning tourist"
- "Flying down Sydney Way..."
- "The best start to any adventure Down Under"
- "City of Water and Trees"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Sydney
- Hotels in Sydney
- Transportation in Sydney
- Nightlife in Sydney
- Restaurants in Sydney
- Shopping in Sydney
- Warnings and Dangers in Sydney
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Sydney
- 34 Reviews
- 32 Photos
- 2 Forum posts
- 17 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (12)
Have you been to Sydney?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Sydney
Top 10 Pages
- Sydney Intro, 34 reviews, 32 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Ithaca Intro, 28 reviews, 14 photos, 1 travelogue
- Boston Intro, 22 reviews, 16 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Syracuse Intro, 25 reviews, 10 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Binghamton Intro, 27 reviews, 8 photos
- Washington D.C. Intro, 13 reviews, 8 photos
- Wolfeboro Intro, 10 reviews, 7 photos
- Kakadu National Park Intro, 8 reviews, 8 photos
- San Diego 5 reviews, 10 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Port Arthur Intro, 8 reviews, 6 photos