Riga Region Things to Do Tips by jillikins
Riga Region Things to Do: 144 reviews and 157 photos
Still wandering about on our 'foot tour'!!
This building definitely has a different 'slant' on it??? Behind is the Dome Cathedral.It's an impressive medieval cathedral, originally built in the 13th C.
This is the Powder Tower, from 1650, it still has cannon balls embedded in the walls.
Just lazily walking around the streets, enjoying the feeling of the area, and the green spaces, of which there are many in Riga.
There are many delightful pieces of sculpture along the streets and in the parks.
The city from across the river.There are many spires in this city.
Riga Castle is in the foreground,left. It is in need of restoration. Built around 1330.
These buildings have been beautifully restored.
Front right, the House of the Black Heads. And behind to the left it the tower of St. Peter.
The Swedish gate was built in 1698, after the Swedish occupied the city.
Riga has many of these quaint buildings.
Address: old town, Riga.
We were on a bus and foot tour of Riga for quite a while, then had a free evening, and the following morning, to have a good look around.There are many lovely tree lined, wide boulevards in Riga.
These beautiful Art Nouveau buildings are restored, as are many other buildings in the city.
This is a favourite postcard of Riga.
I have used a postcard this time to show Riga from above, certainly gives a different perspective to the city.
jillikins' Related Pages
Riga Region Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Riga-a well kept secret"
- "Riga is a small Paris"
- "My Home Town"
- "vairab's new Riga Page"
- "My country Latvia"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Riga Region
- Hotels in Riga Region
- Transportation in Riga Region
- Nightlife in Riga Region
- Restaurants in Riga Region
- Shopping in Riga Region
- Warnings and Dangers in Riga Region
- See All...
Explore the World
- Kampong Telok Salang Hotels
- Dunstanburgh Castle Hotels
- Epsom Hotels
- Sveti Lovrec Pazenaticki Hotels
- Riga Region
Badges & Stats in Riga Region
- 12 Reviews
- 12 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (3)
Have you been to Riga Region?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Riga Region
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Peshawar Intro, 106 reviews, 112 photos, 1 travelogue
- Pakistan Intro, 17 reviews, 28 photos, 2 travelogues
- Thimphu Dzongkhag Intro, 17 reviews, 20 photos
- Kashgar Intro, 14 reviews, 15 photos
- Edinburgh Intro, 13 reviews, 14 photos
- Riga Region Intro, 12 reviews, 12 photos
- Islamabad Intro, 11 reviews, 12 photos
- Novgorod Intro, 10 reviews, 11 photos
- Tallinn County Intro, 9 reviews, 10 photos
- Helsinki Intro, 9 reviews, 9 photos