Peshawar Transportation Tips by jillikins Top 5 Page for this destination
Peshawar Transportation: 19 reviews and 11 photos
This was the very best way to finish our walk across the valley to the Kara Kul Lake, in western China.There was a choice of a horse or camel. And we just had to have the hat...........
Camel is the preferred mode of transport for this nomad.
This was taken by the mighty Pamir Mts. and the Tagharma Basin north of Tashkurgan. Western China.
We had to change buses for China, they drive on the right side of the road, and Pakistanis drive on the left. Also have a new driver, Eriken, and guide, Abdul, from China.
This is our very 'plain' bus, we had to change to a left-hand drive in China.Taken outside our hotel in Sust.
This is probably the best way to go along the Karakoram Highway,we didn't see anything bigger, except for the trucks, of course.
This is what the Pakistani Trucks look like, very brightly decorated, and they have loud musical horns.The drivers are very proud of the way they are decorated.This was at a truck stop in Sust, Pakistan.
IN MINGORA. These cute little Suzuki's zoom around the narrow streets easily. They are brightly decorated, just like the trucks and tractors- actually anything that is driveable is probably decorated.
We travelled from Peshawar in our 11 seater bus. This is the fun way to cross the Swat River north of Mingora. Sways a bit in the wind.
We are now in Mingora. The best way to get around is by foot,see much more.
More Reviews (99)
jillikins' Related Pages
Peshawar Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Peshawar to Kashgar, China,along the Karakoram Hig"
- "THE CITY OF THE SPIES...PESHAWAR"
- "One Day Trip to Peshawar"
- "Great Frontier Town"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Peshawar
- Hotels in Peshawar
- Transportation in Peshawar
- Nightlife in Peshawar
- Restaurants in Peshawar
- Shopping in Peshawar
- Warnings and Dangers in Peshawar
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Peshawar
- 106 Reviews
- 112 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 27 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (6)
Have you been to Peshawar?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Peshawar
Photos in PeshawarSee All Photos (112)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Peshawar Intro, 106 reviews, 112 photos, 1 travelogue
- Pakistan Intro, 17 reviews, 28 photos, 2 travelogues
- Thimphu Dzongkhag Intro, 17 reviews, 20 photos
- Kashgar Intro, 14 reviews, 15 photos
- Edinburgh Intro, 13 reviews, 14 photos
- Riga Region Intro, 12 reviews, 12 photos
- Islamabad Intro, 11 reviews, 12 photos
- Novgorod Intro, 10 reviews, 11 photos
- Tallinn County Intro, 9 reviews, 10 photos
- Helsinki Intro, 9 reviews, 9 photos
FriendsSee All Friends (1)
- Khyber Pass- 17 Reviews, 16 Photos
- Qissa Khawani Bazaar- 4 Reviews, 6 Photos
- Bala-Hisar Fort- 3 Reviews, 2 Photos
- Peshawar Museum- 3 Reviews, 2 Photos
- Cunningham Clock Tower- 4 Reviews, 8 Photos
- Walled City - Old Peshawar- 2 Reviews, 2 Photos
- Jamrud Fort- 3 Reviews, 3 Photos
- Chowk Yadgar- 2 Reviews, 2 Photos
- Karavan Sarai Gor Khatri- 2 Reviews, 2 Photos
- Decorated Trucks- 4 Reviews, 4 Photos
See All Peshawar Things to Do