"Peshawar to Kashgar, China,along the Karakoram Hig" Top 5 Page for this destination Peshawar by jillikins

Peshawar Travel Guide: 242 reviews and 333 photos

We were here in Peshawar for only two nights,but enjoyed the hustle and bustle of this gateway to the Khyber Pass. It's home to a thriving bazaar, with Afghan traders and Pathan tribesmen. Has some great carpets, lapis, and silver. As there aren't any designated pages for the rest of this trip along the Karakoram Highway to Kashgar, China, I will continue on from here. So do come along and enjoy the adventure and scenery. It'll be worth it.............

• Pros:Busy market town, lots to see and buy, can mingle with the locals.
  • Cons:Not a place for a quiet break!!!!!!
  • In a nutshell:SPECTACULAR
  • Last visit to Peshawar: May 1998
  • Intro Updated Dec 28, 2002

• travelshow's Profile Photo
    Jul 18, 2008 at 10:16 AM

I enjoyed your photo of the decorated truck. I found these all over Pakistan- Karachi, Lahore, Islamabad, etc. They are indeed colorful and often stand in contrast to some old, dully-painted building, etc. Glad you took the time to post this. Thanks.

• Sep 15, 2006 at 7:08 PM

I am so enjoying your pictures. All of them I am thrilled. The possibilty of my moving there is great and seeing all your pics makes me even more interested in the adventure.

• iris2002's Profile Photo
    Aug 31, 2006 at 11:55 AM

Oh I am so excited to get there... I love "transitional" towns with all the hussle and bussle... can't wait to see it for myself!! Excellent pages :)

• Oct 21, 2005 at 2:04 PM

Thx for sharing your views on Peshawar. I thought my page was the best but its "0" compare to yours..Very informative.

• Nov 3, 2003 at 2:08 AM

Fantastic account of a truly spectacular journey, and I really loved the car wash pic, it was really amazing :)

• joks's Profile Photo
    Oct 13, 2003 at 4:06 AM

this is pretty close to shangri-la! what an adventure you have had! I hope to go one day...

• AndreSTGT's Profile Photo
    Jun 18, 2003 at 5:38 PM

Very interesting page. I always wanted to do (at least parts of )the KKH.Last time i was in Pakistan the road was blocked by snow.

• manuelEB's Profile Photo
    May 25, 2003 at 11:41 PM

wow! Tallking about adventure...

• TOOCOOL's Profile Photo
    May 16, 2003 at 6:14 AM

Great page!

• iandsmith's Profile Photo
    Jan 29, 2003 at 10:46 PM

Good personal insights with some nice pics. Do more on Oz!

jillikins

“You'll never have this moment again, so GO FOR IT.”

Badges & Stats in Peshawar

Have you been to Peshawar?

Latest Activity in Peshawar