"Getting back to Philips" Eindhoven by lidia664

Eindhoven Travel Guide: 332 reviews and 976 photos

I have friends living in Eindhoven and I used to go to see them each time when I was in Amsterdam. That's sort of long story...The guy on the picture, Tony, is my ex boss from Philips, we worked together in Moscow office. His russian wife Marina is one of my closest friends now and she's my spiritual mentor , just a very wise woman:)

That was an exiting experience with the bike. Tony is just crazy about bikes and he owns a few really expensive models. Once I came to Eindhoven he looked very sad and when I wondered about the reason he said it was because of his bike. He had to sell out one of them cause there was no space in the garage to keep a car. He have done some improvements recently and now it's more spacy, so I assume he may buy one new again:))

Ok, anyway he kept two BMW bikes in the garage and he offerend me a ride just after a dinner. Marina was not happy about that idea cause we drunk wine but Tony said that was Okay. Marina gave me her driving uniform and I have a collection of very funny pictures of me getting dressed in all this "armour". Pity I didn't scan them. So then we had a drive. That was amazing, I never experienced something similar and I felt how adrenalin injected into my veins. We were driving quite fast ( at least I consider the speed was high), and I was behind Tony, holding him tightly and I was wondering how much interesting and surprising life could be. I lately spoke to Tony and he agreed with my thoughts that no one of us could have even imagined a few years ago that very formal relationship "boss-employee" could transform in such a nice friendship and we would be sitting on one motorbike having a night drive in the middle of Holland.

It was just another proof that you never know what stays behind the next corner. Life is beautiful!

• Last visit to Eindhoven: Dec 2002
  • Intro Updated Nov 26, 2003

lidia664

“don't give up cause somewhere there's a place where we belong”

Badges & Stats in Eindhoven

Have you been to Eindhoven?

Latest Activity in Eindhoven