Frankfurt am Main Tourist Trap Tips by Weissdorn Top 5 Page for this destination
Frankfurt am Main Tourist Traps: 13 reviews and 5 photos
Short cruise is just too short!
Before I drag it down to the "forget it" level - let me say that I love boating on the Main! It's just that the 1 hour trip is not really worth it, because all of the things that are worth seeing on this part of the Main that you could see from the boat, you can alreay see from either side of the river. The other part that you get to pay for to see include Degussa's mountain of industrial slag and the Frankfurt power plant in the West, and a number of scrap yards and the smelly oil harbour in the East. Somebody might even pee on you if they happen to use train toilet while crossing the bridge while the boat goes under the train bridge in the West!
Besides the trip is short, because they only go between the locks, about 2 miles in each direction.
Unique Suggestions: Main cruises are worth it, once you get past the Frankfurt/Offenbach lock. Book a day trip to Aschaffenburg on a Sunday, or just show up and buy your ticket at the window on Sunday by 8:30 a.m.
Fun Alternatives: The Primus Line, the ships that cruise the Main, have a few other trips that are really cool, including the Riverboat Dinner, the Sunday day cruise to Aschaffenburg, and the Salsa parties that you can board on Saturday evening in Offenbach.
More Reviews (61)
- See All Getting into the U.S. Consulate
- See All Can you find the hostel in this picture?
- See All The Gay Scene in Frankfurt
- See All Eurasian Food & Cocktails
- See All Bockenheim - Where the Students Hang Out
- See All Frankfurt's Revamped Wellness Spa
- See All The Party in the Train Station
- See All Paddling Down the Main River
- See All The Finest Simple Food
- See All Bembel
- See All How To Get From the Airport to Frankfurt
Been to Frankfurt am Main?Share your travels with the world!
Weissdorn's Related Pages
Frankfurt am Main Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Home of the world's best opera company"
- "The most Un-German City in Germany"
- "Main Metropolis"
- "A city better than its reputation"
- "Frankfurt - aka "Mainhattan""
- See All...
- Things to Do in Frankfurt am Main
- Hotels in Frankfurt am Main
- Transportation in Frankfurt am Main
- Nightlife in Frankfurt am Main
- Restaurants in Frankfurt am Main
- Shopping in Frankfurt am Main
- Warnings and Dangers in Frankfurt am Main
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Frankfurt am Main
- 62 Reviews
- 70 Photos
- 98 Forum posts
- 25 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (8)
Have you been to Frankfurt am Main?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Frankfurt am Main
- Posted in Travel Düsseldorf Forum "Re: Weekend trip!"
- updated a Frankfurt am Main Travel Page "Main Metropolis"
- Wrote a Review Getting into the U.S. Consulate in Frankfurt am Main Warnings and Dangers
- Uploaded a Photo to "Getting into the U.S. Consulate"
- Commented on one of Nemorino's Frankfurt am Main travel pages
Photos in Frankfurt am MainSee All Photos (70)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Germany Intro, 104 reviews, 119 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Turkey Intro, 79 reviews, 81 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Frankfurt am Main Intro, 62 reviews, 71 photos, 1 travelogue
- Rhön Intro, 48 reviews, 60 photos, 2 travelogues
- Butzbach Intro, 35 reviews, 39 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Fulda Intro, 19 reviews, 38 photos, 3 travelogues
- Offenbach Intro, 24 reviews, 33 photos, 1 travelogue
- Gelnhausen Intro, 25 reviews, 28 photos, 2 travelogues
- Grünberg Intro, 22 reviews, 27 photos, 1 travelogue
- Lich Intro, 16 reviews, 21 photos, 1 travelogue