Offenbach Transportation Tips by Weissdorn
Offenbach Transportation: 1 reviews and 1 photos
S-Bahn departs on schedule from Offenbach
The local Transit Authority in Offenbach/M is called the RMV, which stands for Rhein-Main-Verkehrsbund or the Rhine-Main Transit Authority. Basically it covers the following areas: Most westward point Mainz; most eastward point Fulda, most southern point Darmstadt; most northern point Wetzler.
Click here, if you would like to see an exact map of the region.
The big advantage of this transit authority, is that you can change from buses to trams to regional trains as much as you have to, to get to your destination, without having to buy extra tickets. Nearly all of the ticket vending machines are computer-run and have an English mask. You ticket is valid when you receive it, so buy it just before you want to board the train. They are not punched in the train.
Hessenticket - for 25 Euro, you + 4 friends can have unlimited use the whole network from Mon-Fri, between 9 - 3 a.m. The ticket is not only valid for the RMV network but state-wide too.
Day Ticket (Tageskarte) - the price varies depending on how many zones you want to cross (destination code you punch into the vending machine). A day card for Frankfurt which includes the airport only costs 6.10 Euro. The ticket is valid for one calendar day.
Week Ticket (Wochenkarte) - the price also varies depending on the zones travelled. A week tickect for Frankfurt/Offenbach (7 days) only costs 10.70 Euro.
Are you a student? Then you can get a week ticket for 8.50 Euro with your valid student ID.
Children Discounts - Children under 14 years of age pay half-price.
Group Day Ticket (Groupentageskarte) - For the City of Frankfurt, only 10.80 Euro for you and up to 4 of your family or friends. Valid for one calendar day.
Phone: (01805) 7684636 0.12 €/min.
More Reviews (23)
- See All Wilhelmsplatz No. 13
- See All With the Charm of Bygone Days
- See All Apple Wine
- Leather from Offenbach
Weissdorn's Related Pages
Offenbach Travel Guide
- Things to Do in Offenbach
- Hotels in Offenbach
- Transportation in Offenbach
- Nightlife in Offenbach
- Restaurants in Offenbach
- Shopping in Offenbach
- See All...
Explore the World
- Longsheng Hotels
- San Bernardino Hotels
- Hampton Park Hotels
- Hannibal Hotels
- Easter Island
Badges & Stats in Offenbach
- 24 Reviews
- 33 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 4 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (7)
Have you been to Offenbach?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Offenbach
Photos in OffenbachSee All Photos (33)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Germany Intro, 104 reviews, 119 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Turkey Intro, 79 reviews, 81 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Frankfurt am Main Intro, 62 reviews, 71 photos, 1 travelogue
- Rhön Intro, 48 reviews, 60 photos, 2 travelogues
- Butzbach Intro, 35 reviews, 39 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Fulda Intro, 19 reviews, 38 photos, 3 travelogues
- Offenbach Intro, 24 reviews, 33 photos, 1 travelogue
- Gelnhausen Intro, 25 reviews, 28 photos, 2 travelogues
- Grünberg Intro, 22 reviews, 27 photos, 1 travelogue
- Lich Intro, 16 reviews, 21 photos, 1 travelogue
FriendsSee All Friends (16)
Latest Offenbach hotel reviews
- Winter's Hotel Offenbacher Hof
- 5 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Sep 22, 2012