Rhön Favorite Tips by Weissdorn

Rhön Favorites: 3 reviews and 6 photos

The Black Moore - Rhön

The Black Moore

Go Where no Relative has dared to tread...

Favorite thing: I know it's hard to resist, but go somewhere in Germany that all of your friends and relatives have never seen before. It really makes me a little sad, that everytime I get visitors over from the States, they all have ants in their pants to see Ludwig II's Castle Neu Schwanstein. Most of the North Americans go to Munich, Fuessen, Heidelberg, and Rothenburg ob der Tauber. Although all of these places are well worth seeing, NOT EVEN ONE of them is even listed in the UNESCO's list for World Cultural Heritage Landmarks. Imagine when you go home, and tell your friends all about the stuff they have already seen. Why don't you go back home with incredible stories of things your friends have never seen - and show them great pictures all the places THEY MISSED!

Fondest memory: I like the quiet places in Germany. Germany can be a very noisy place, and the places of natural beauty are rare, breath-taking and very precious. Among my favorite memories are walking to the Dornbush Lighthouse of the Island of Rügen with a friend, the year before she died, sitting by the Ulster brook in summer, near my house, sailing my boat on the Main River, watching beavers build a damn in Thuringia.

• Written Feb 25, 2003

Weissdorn Lives Here!

Weissdorn

“If I don't have a boat under my feet, I'm not really on vacation”

Badges & Stats in Rhön