"Siegfried Doesn't Live Here Anymore!" Top 5 Page for this destination Xanten by Weissdorn
Xanten Travel Guide: 28 reviews and 124 photos
Although you can almost hear the Wagner overture creeping out of this picture of young Siegfried, I didn't have a Wagner tape playing in my car on the way from Duisburg to Xanten - the legendary home of the hero of German Mythology - Siegfried.
For all of the fans for Dungeons & Dragons, Knights in Shining Armor, and legends of King Arthur, Prince Eisenherz, Roland and Siegfried, I hate to tell you this, but there isn't even a castle here. No, no nostalgic copy of one either.
What is left is the beautiful St. Victor Cathedral and the remains of one of the biggest Roman cities north of the Alps.
Live View of the St. Victor Cathedral in Xanten %L
This cathedral cannot compare in size to the one in Cologne or in Notredame, but it is impressive in it's Gothic... more travel advice
Weissdorn's Related Pages
Xanten Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "A City with more than 2000 Years history"
- "Xanten, Germany"
- "Siegfried Doesn't Live Here Anymore!"
- "Along the River"
- "Xanten - via Romana"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Xanten
- Hotels in Xanten
- Transportation in Xanten
- Restaurants in Xanten
- Shopping in Xanten
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Xanten
- 3 Reviews
- 9 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 3 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (8)
Have you been to Xanten?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Xanten
Photos in XantenSee All Photos (9)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Germany Intro, 107 reviews, 122 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Turkey Intro, 79 reviews, 81 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Frankfurt am Main Intro, 62 reviews, 71 photos, 1 travelogue
- Rhön Intro, 48 reviews, 60 photos, 2 travelogues
- Butzbach Intro, 35 reviews, 39 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Fulda Intro, 19 reviews, 38 photos, 3 travelogues
- Offenbach Intro, 24 reviews, 33 photos, 1 travelogue
- Gelnhausen Intro, 25 reviews, 28 photos, 2 travelogues
- Grünberg Intro, 22 reviews, 27 photos, 1 travelogue
- Lich Intro, 16 reviews, 21 photos, 1 travelogue