"The Jewel of Thuringia - Das Juwel von Thüringen" Eisenach by Weissdorn
Eisenach Travel Guide: 104 reviews and 391 photos
One summer afternoon, I decided to take a day trip to Eisenach. Eisenach is called the Jewel of Thuringia because of their proud history of several Germans who contributed to the highlights of German culture. The most undisputed contribution is from the famous Bach family, a long family of musicians, who still have relatives living in and around Eisenach today. Most people's first exposure to classical music is from the works of the most predominate member of this family, Johann Sebastian Bach. You can not only see how J.S. Bach lived in Eisenach in the Bach House, but you can also hear the music live as well.
The other famous person who wasn't born here, but completed important work here, was the German Reformator, Martin Luther. It was here in the Wartburg castle that he wrestled with the devil and banished him by throwing an ink pot at him.
Of course, there are other things you can do and see here, too like the car museum, the church and the Martin Luther house. They even have guided tours with living history figures, who will take you down the back alleys through history.
So, what's the weather like now in Eisenach? Just click here!
The Bach House is quaint, and once you enter the doors, and step out into the gardens on a warm summer day, you will... more travel advice
Weissdorn's Related Pages
Eisenach Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Wartburg, lots of vintage-Wartburgs & a lot more"
- "Eisenach - where history and legends intertwine"
- "My Eisenach"
- "Eisenach: from Bach to Egk"
- "Eisenach Page"
- "JS Bach, born and baptised in Eisenach"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Eisenach
- Hotels in Eisenach
- Transportation in Eisenach
- Restaurants in Eisenach
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Eisenach
- 2 Reviews
- 3 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 3 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (23)
Have you been to Eisenach?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Eisenach
Photos in EisenachSee All Photos (3)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Germany Intro, 107 reviews, 122 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Turkey Intro, 79 reviews, 81 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Frankfurt am Main Intro, 62 reviews, 71 photos, 1 travelogue
- Rhön Intro, 48 reviews, 60 photos, 2 travelogues
- Butzbach Intro, 35 reviews, 39 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Fulda Intro, 19 reviews, 38 photos, 3 travelogues
- Offenbach Intro, 24 reviews, 33 photos, 1 travelogue
- Gelnhausen Intro, 25 reviews, 28 photos, 2 travelogues
- Grünberg Intro, 22 reviews, 27 photos, 1 travelogue
- Lich Intro, 16 reviews, 21 photos, 1 travelogue