"nigelw6443's new United Kingdom Page" United Kingdom by nigelw6443
United Kingdom Travel Guide: 92,793 reviews and 218,502 photos
I was born in Canada but I grew up in southern England, until I decided to take off and travel, but that is another story.
England can be an expensive place for the tourist. Especially if you come from north America. North Americans tend to eat out in restaurants every night, have lunch in restaurants every day and even get their breakfast and morning coffee on the way to work. Things are done a little different.
If you want a good breakfast in England find a good cafe. This meal will more or less set you up for the whole day, so lunch will not be neccessary. But usually for a good value lunch I would suggest a pub or for a really good value lunch I always hit M&S and buy a sandwich or two. In the evening if you are still hungry, like I know most Americans would be, then try the traditional English meal "The Curry". Available in every town in the U.K. unbeatable value and much better for you than Fish and Chips!
Another English tradition is that of drinking tea. Not like Americans, who prefer that brown water with caffein, that they call coffee, but then I would suggest that they try drinking it in Europe. Now that is coffee! Anyway In England we drink tea and if you get invited to someones house you will actually be offered a cup of tea as soon as you step through the door! Yes that is right, we don't send out for it or drive down the street to get it, we make it in our own homes.
If you stay in a city especially some where like London, you will never experience the true side of England. I am sure you will meet nice people, but get out there into the countyside it's beautiful. So many people go to England and only ever see London. It's like going to the US and spending two weeks in Manhattan!
I always enjoy going back to the UK. I always have to go for a curry and also have a nice pub lunch. Although a plate... more travel advice
nigelw6443's Related Pages
United Kingdom Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Firas in Wonderland"
- "My U.K. - a home I love very dearly."
- "United Kingdom Adventure"
- "A Taste of Real Britain - Tourist Information"
- "UNITED KINGDOM"
- "Jet Ski!"
- "Christmas 2010"
- See All...
- Things to Do in United Kingdom
- Hotels in United Kingdom
- Transportation in United Kingdom
- Nightlife in United Kingdom
- Restaurants in United Kingdom
- Shopping in United Kingdom
- Warnings and Dangers in United Kingdom
- See All...
Badges & Stats in United Kingdom
- 28 Reviews
- 34 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 3 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (9)
Have you been to United Kingdom?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in United Kingdom
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Berlin Intro, 116 reviews, 111 photos
- Vancouver Intro, 43 reviews, 38 photos
- Malta Intro, 38 reviews, 38 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Namib-Naukluft Park Intro, 33 reviews, 41 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Isla de Lanzarote Intro, 38 reviews, 35 photos
- Cala Millor Intro, 18 reviews, 32 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Benidorm Intro, 18 reviews, 16 photos
- Majorca Island Intro, 18 reviews, 16 photos
- Turkey Intro, 16 reviews, 16 photos
- Thailand Intro, 15 reviews, 13 photos
FriendsSee All Friends (29)
Top United Kingdom hotels
- London Hotels
- 23056 Reviews - 47246 Photos
- Manchester Hotels
- 1712 Reviews - 3884 Photos
- York Hotels
- 1617 Reviews - 3908 Photos
- Blackpool Hotels
- 476 Reviews - 889 Photos
- Bournemouth Hotels
- 206 Reviews - 440 Photos
- Glasgow Hotels
- 1218 Reviews - 1967 Photos
- Edinburgh Hotels
- 3356 Reviews - 6585 Photos
- Torquay Hotels
- 141 Reviews - 229 Photos
- Aberdeen Hotels
- 486 Reviews - 884 Photos
- Birmingham Hotels
- 796 Reviews - 1309 Photos
- Llandudno Hotels
- 245 Reviews - 476 Photos
- Bristol Hotels
- 745 Reviews - 1659 Photos
- Liverpool Hotels
- 1248 Reviews - 2164 Photos
- Eastbourne Hotels
- 94 Reviews - 187 Photos
- Chester Hotels
- 470 Reviews - 1157 Photos