"Montanas del Diablo" Parque Nacional de Timanfaya by nigelw6443
Parque Nacional de Timanfaya Travel Guide: 10 reviews and 67 photos
The Parque Nacional de Timanfaya in the south of Lanzarote experienced one of the world's greatest volcanic eruptions in 1730. The eruption lasted for six years and spewed thousands of tons of molten rock into the air. The 52 sq km (20.3 sq mi) park is almost like a scene from a science fiction movie. There is a restaurant in the park El Diablo which cooks its food on a volcano-powered barbecue. A few kilometres south along the road that crosses the eastern edge of the park is the Museo de las Rocas, a geological museum that will fill you in on the park's full details.
They also demonstrate the forces of the volcano with a little water show.
Entrance fee to the park is € 6.60 which includes a bus tour through the park.
The restaurant El Diablo is another of Manriques' designs. There are plenty of tables for a panoramic view across the... more travel advice
Camel rides in the park are very popular. You can join in a camel train for a unique look at the park. Personally I... more travel advice
nigelw6443's Related Pages
Parque Nacional de Timanfaya Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Montanas del Diablo"
- "Camelo loco loco"
- "Timanfaya NP"
- "National park Timanfaya"
- "Parque Nacional de Timanfaya"
- "Devastatingly beautiful landscape"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Parque Nacional de Timanfaya
- Transportation in Parque Nacional de Timanfaya
- Restaurants in Parque Nacional de Timanfaya
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Parque Nacional de Timanfaya
- 5 Reviews
- 6 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 9 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (9)
Have you been to Parque Nacional de Timanfaya?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Parque Nacional de Timanfaya
Photos in Parque Nacional de TimanfayaSee All Photos (6)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Berlin Intro, 116 reviews, 111 photos
- Vancouver Intro, 43 reviews, 38 photos
- Malta Intro, 38 reviews, 38 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Namib-Naukluft Park Intro, 33 reviews, 41 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Isla de Lanzarote Intro, 38 reviews, 35 photos
- Cala Millor Intro, 18 reviews, 32 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Benidorm Intro, 18 reviews, 16 photos
- Majorca Island Intro, 18 reviews, 16 photos
- Turkey Intro, 16 reviews, 16 photos
- Thailand Intro, 15 reviews, 13 photos