"SURVIVAL IN MANHATTAN, NEW YORK, LINKS" New York City by nygaston
New York City Travel Guide: 15,888 reviews and 31,980 photos
WELCOME TO MANHATTAN !
THIS IS NEW YORK
http://www.mta.nyc.ny.us/nyct/maps/ Subway Map PDF to print
I love NYC, here I met my best friend !
Best of NYC
Good Weekly Magazine TimeOut
Map of NYC
NYC RESTAURANTS CitySearch
Cheap Hotel Central Park West
NEW YORK IS FULL OF CONTRAST
Rich and poor,
Fast and slow,
Parfume and ...
Noise and silence,
Clean and dirty streets,
Harlem , Bronx and 5th avenue, Wise and crazy,
My friend and me...
I like to walk by the river.
Jazz at NYC
Jazz Big Apple
WHAT TO SEE IN 3 DAYS ?
Wall street area
Battery Park (nice walk, restaurants)
Pier 17 (restaurants, shops)
Bklyn Bridge Walk
Brooklyn by Taxi Boat
Chinatown (shops, restaurants)
Little Italy (pizza, pasta, coffees)
Little India (Indian Food)
NY Public Library
Radio City Hall
MET museum (upper east)
Central Park (Tavern on the green)
Harlem (Gospel), Chez Sylvia's
African Market (Lenox Ave, W116th st)
Greenwich Village (Music, Jazz...)
East Village (Clubs, bars)
CLUBS, BARS, JAZZ:
Arthur's Tavern (see Eri)
La Lanterna (underground)
Cotton club 656W125 (expensive, only for tourists)
Latin Quarter 2551 Broadway, 96th
Smoke 2751 Broadway, 107th
Bistro Latino 1711 Broadway, 54th
Merchant's 1125 First Ave, 62th
Penn Top 700 Fifth Ave
SOB's 200 Varick Str. (SOB= Sound of Brazil): muy callente !
Although most banks and government offices close on these major U.S. holidays (except Election Day), stores, restaurants and some museums are usually open. If you will be in New York around a holiday, call ahead to check for special hours for the venues you want to visit.
New Year's Day January 1
Martin Luther King Jr. Day third Monday in January
Presidents' Day third Monday in February
Memorial Day last Monday in May
Your day, June 23
Independence Day July 4
Bastille Day, July 14th
Labor Day first Monday in September
Columbus Day second Monday in October
Election Day first Tuesday after the first Monday in November
Veterans' Day November 11
Thanksgiving Day fourth Thursday in November
Christmas Day December 25
- Pros:Life and energy, sun and snow, hot and cold, high and low (stocks)
- Cons:Noisy and dirty streets, cars and rats, pollution and crowded
- In a nutshell:No time to rest and think
Depending on your nationality and the length of your intended stay in the US, you may need a B1, B2 or B1/B2 visa. 1)... more travel advice
Good "vietnamese" restaurant (mostlt chinese) The place is nice and people are friendly. I love this place also,... more travel advice
- See All Bed and Breakfast in NYC !
- See All Try to go to wall street without the...
- See All UPPER WEST SIDE STORY and EAST SIDE
- See All TOP 50 JAZZ IN MANHATTAN
- See All WALKING and SHOPPING in NYC
nygaston's Related Pages
New York City Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "A NYC GYPSY AT HEART"
- "NYC: Everyday, Something new."
- "I Heart New York."
- ""I want to be a part of it ...""
- ". : New York City : ."
- "New York City"
- "Oh, how I want to be a part of it!"
- See All...
- Things to Do in New York City
- Hotels in New York City
- Transportation in New York City
- Nightlife in New York City
- Restaurants in New York City
- Shopping in New York City
- Warnings and Dangers in New York City
- See All...
Badges & Stats in New York City
- 38 Reviews
- 208 Photos
- 150 Forum posts
- 59 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (4)
Have you been to New York City?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in New York City
- Posted in Travel Paris Forum "Re: School trip to Paris"
- Uploaded a Photo to "GOOD PLACE TO DANCE"
- Commented on one of nyc10025's New York City travel pages
- Wrote a Review CHEAP AND GOOD LUNCH IN MIDTOWN about Stop 28 Luncheonette - CLOSED in New York City Restaurants
- updated a New York City Travel Page "SURVIVAL IN MANHATTAN, NEW YORK, LINKS"
Top 10 Pages
- New York City Intro, 38 reviews, 208 photos, 16 travelogues
- Paris Intro, 101 reviews, 88 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Basel Intro, 24 reviews, 57 photos, 5 travelogues
- France Intro, 32 reviews, 44 photos, 5 travelogues
- Peru Intro, 16 reviews, 52 photos, 3 travelogues
- Lugano Intro, 26 reviews, 39 photos, 4 travelogues
- Budapest Intro, 20 reviews, 32 photos, 2 travelogues
- Benin Intro, 15 reviews, 36 photos, 1 travelogue
- Morocco Intro, 11 reviews, 28 photos, 3 travelogues
- San Juan Intro, 8 reviews, 29 photos, 2 travelogues