"La Beba in California" California by la_beba
California Travel Guide: 45,324 reviews and 106,344 photos
There's so much to say about California!!!! Especially because I hold it dearly close to my heart, having spent the last 12 years in it! So in hopes of not repeating myself, I am just giving you your very own passport here to go ahead and visit each one of my California pages listed on right. And forgive me if some of them only have a pic or two, but I'm working on text and-or adding pics! This VT business is a full time job my friends! rofl
Historic Bear Flag raised at Sonoma on June 14, 1846, by a group of American settlers in revolt against Mexican rule. The flag was designed by William Todd on a piece of new unbleached cotton. The star imitated the lone star of Texas. A grizzly bear represented the many bears seen in the state. The word, "California Republic" was placed beneath the star and bear. It was adopted by the 1911 State Legislature as the State Flag. [Source: California Blue Book.]
"I love You California"
Written by F. B. Silverwood
Composed by A. F. Frankenstein
I love you, California, you're the greatest state of all
I love you in the winter, summer, spring, and in the fall.
I love your fertile valleys; your dear mountains I adore,
I love your grand old ocean and I love her rugged shore.
I love your redwood forests - love your fields of yellow grain,
I love your summer breezes, and I love your winter rain,
I love you, land of flowers; land of honey, fruit and wine,
I love you, California; you have won this heart of mine.
I love your old gray Missions - love your vineyards streteching far,
I love you, California, with your Golden Gate ajar,
I love your purple sunsets, love your skies of azure blue,
I love you, California; I just can't help loving you.
I love you, Catalina - you are very dear to me,
I love you, Tamalpais, and I love Yosemite,
I love you, Land of Sunshine, half your beauties are untold,
I loved you in my childhood, and I'll love you when I'm old.
When the snow crowned Golden Sierras
Keep their watch o'er the valleys bloom.
It is there I would be in our land by the sea,
Ev'ry breeze bearing rich perfume,
It is here nature gives of her rarest,
It is Home Sweet Home to me.
And I know when I die I shall breathe my last sigh
For my sunny California.
America's physical fitness obsession started in the 1930s. And because California is California, this state is where... more travel advice
la_beba's Related Pages
California Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "CALIFORNIA ~ It's not about the glam, but nature!"
- "California - What More Do I Need To Say?"
- "Always on My Mind....California"
- "Our awesome trip to California summer of 2004"
- "The Regions of California"
- "GOLDEN STATE"
- See All...
- Things to Do in California
- Hotels in California
- Transportation in California
- Nightlife in California
- Restaurants in California
- Shopping in California
- Warnings and Dangers in California
- See All...
Badges & Stats in California
- 52 Reviews
- 96 Photos
- 1 Forum posts
- 23 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (1)
Have you been to California?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in California
- Posted in Miscellaneous Forum "Re: Best B-Day Party you ever..."
- updated a California Travel Page "La Beba in California"
- Uploaded a Photo to "La Beba in California"
- Commented on one of RhineRoll's California travel pages
- Wrote a Review America's physical fitness... about For the Sports Minded in California Local Customs
Top 10 Pages
- Antigua Guatemala Intro, 45 reviews, 84 photos, 4 travelogues
- Madrid Intro, 30 reviews, 47 photos, 5 travelogues
- Buenos Aires 12 reviews, 52 photos, 5 travelogues
- Argentina Intro, 23 reviews, 40 photos, 5 travelogues
- Spain Intro, 14 reviews, 35 photos, 5 travelogues
- Guatemala City 13 reviews, 32 photos, 5 travelogues
- Roskilde Intro, 1 review, 43 photos, 5 travelogues
- Granada Intro, 14 reviews, 29 photos, 2 travelogues
- San Ignacio Intro, 2 reviews, 38 photos, 4 travelogues
- Parque Nacional del Iguazù 39 photos, 5 travelogues
FriendsSee All Friends (199)
Top California hotels
- San Francisco Hotels
- 9082 Reviews - 19107 Photos
- Los Angeles Hotels
- 4341 Reviews - 8591 Photos
- San Diego Hotels
- 3050 Reviews - 6642 Photos
- Anaheim Hotels
- 702 Reviews - 1934 Photos
- Santa Barbara Hotels
- 647 Reviews - 1200 Photos
- Monterey Hotels
- 909 Reviews - 2715 Photos
- Santa Monica Hotels
- 476 Reviews - 1051 Photos
- Palm Springs Hotels
- 345 Reviews - 758 Photos
- Napa Hotels
- 419 Reviews - 1142 Photos
- Carmel-by-the-Sea Hotels
- 378 Reviews - 1052 Photos
- Marina del Rey Hotels
- 97 Reviews - 176 Photos
- Yosemite National Park Hotels
- 1492 Reviews - 3394 Photos
- Hollywood Hotels
- 431 Reviews - 1249 Photos
- Carlsbad Hotels
- 180 Reviews - 328 Photos
- Santa Cruz Hotels
- 284 Reviews - 635 Photos