"La beba in Salamá" Salamá by la_beba
Salamá Travel Guide: 0 reviews and 9 photos
Salamá, which means "tranquil waters" in Quiche, is the capital of the department of Baja Verapaz. There is a large colonial church on the main square which is quite ornate and contains many old gold-painted altars, as well as statues from the 17th Century.
Salamá prides itself in its celebration of Semana Santa, and can be compared to celebrations in Antigua and San Cristòbal Verapaz.
It's a nice town with some colonial vestiges from the old times. There is a regular market on Sundays.
The most visited tourist attraction of Salamá is the "Biotopo del Quetzal Nature Reserve"
Altitude: 3,146 feet (945mts).
la_beba's Related Pages
Badges & Stats in Salamá
- 0 Reviews
- 9 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (27)
Have you been to Salamá?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Salamá
Photos in SalamáSee All Photos (9)
Top 10 Pages
- Antigua Guatemala Intro, 45 reviews, 84 photos, 4 travelogues
- Madrid Intro, 30 reviews, 47 photos, 5 travelogues
- Buenos Aires 12 reviews, 52 photos, 5 travelogues
- Argentina Intro, 23 reviews, 40 photos, 5 travelogues
- Spain Intro, 14 reviews, 35 photos, 5 travelogues
- Guatemala City 13 reviews, 32 photos, 5 travelogues
- Roskilde Intro, 1 review, 43 photos, 5 travelogues
- Granada Intro, 14 reviews, 29 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination San Ignacio Intro, 2 reviews, 38 photos, 4 travelogues
- Parque Nacional del Iguazù 39 photos, 5 travelogues