"K O R T R I J K" Kortrijk by annelies77
Kortrijk Travel Guide: 101 reviews and 692 photos
Kortrijk keeps an everlasting souvenir of its past in the very rich collections of damask, ceramics, silverware and pictures in the Town Museums. The National Flax Museum, the Agriculture Museum and the Curiosity Museum offer a clear and vivid picture of ancient handicrafts.
Kortrijk is a lively town in the centre of a region where commerce and industry are continuously flourishing and expanding.
The pedestrian shopping streets are famous for their first quality products. Both shopping and window shopping are a real pleasure in these streets.
Hotels and restaurants cater for anything ranging from a ploughman's lunch to the most sophisticated menus. Typical regional dishes are Kortrijk chicken-leg, the Kalle cake and ginger nuts.
Events like Whitsun Festival, Flanders Festival, commemoration of the Battle of the Spurs, Golden River City Jazz Festival attract thousands of visitors to the centre of the town.
The Halls, an international centre for fairs and congresses, enhance the renowned quality of the region far over the frontiers.Kortrijk is the cultural, social and economic centre of an agglomeration of more than 300,000 inhabitants.
Kortrijk lies at the junction of many important roads (E17, A17, A19) and railways, and can also be reached from the regional airport.
The Kortrijk University and many schools of all levels are attended by over 25,000 pupils and students.
Moreover, dynamic Kortrijk is also famous for the hospitality of its inhabitants.
The TOWN HALL was built in a late gothic-renaissance style. The Aldermen's Chamber, on the ground floor, was used as a... more travel advice
annelies77's Related Pages
Kortrijk Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "KORTRIJK VT MEETING 9th MAY 2009"
- "Meeting in kortrijk"
- "VT meeting"
- "Kortrijk / Courtrai"
- "Kortrijk with our guides Patrick and Lea"
- "K O R T R I J K"
- "7 Centuries in 1 day (and 41 VT-ers to entertain!)"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Kortrijk
- Hotels in Kortrijk
- Transportation in Kortrijk
- Nightlife in Kortrijk
- Restaurants in Kortrijk
- Shopping in Kortrijk
- Warnings and Dangers in Kortrijk
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Kortrijk
- 2 Reviews
- 3 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 15 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (2)
Have you been to Kortrijk?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Kortrijk
Photos in KortrijkSee All Photos (3)
Top 10 Pages
- Brussels Intro, 14 reviews, 32 photos, 16 travelogues
- Brugge Intro, 17 reviews, 22 photos, 8 travelogues
- Death Valley National Park Intro, 11 reviews, 12 photos
- Lee Vining Intro, 8 reviews, 9 photos
- Las Vegas Intro, 16 photos, 1 travelogue
- Vatican City Intro, 4 reviews, 11 photos, 1 travelogue
- Gent Intro, 4 reviews, 10 photos, 3 travelogues
- Antwerp Intro, 4 reviews, 9 photos, 5 travelogues
- Oostende Intro, 5 reviews, 8 photos, 2 travelogues
- Monument Valley State Park Intro, 13 photos, 2 travelogues
Latest Kortrijk hotel reviews
- Center Hotel
- 12 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Mar 24, 2013
- 7 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 21, 2013
- Hotel Ter Linde
- 2 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Aug 13, 2012
- Hotel Messeyne
- 29 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 4, 2013
- Hotel Ibis Kortrijk Centrum
- 43 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 10, 2013
- Bed & Breakfast Full House
- 4 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Dec 26, 2012
- Hotel Groeninge
- 2 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Jul 13, 2009
- Best Western Hotel Belfort
- 10 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Jan 31, 2013