"Texas" Top 5 Page for this destination Texas by Astrobuck

Texas Travel Guide: 13,859 reviews and 28,658 photos

Texas State Line Marker

Welcome!

You will find a lot of these around some of the roads crossing the state line into Texas. This one is located at the Texas-Oklahoma line on TX-91 at the Denison Dam.

Texas Highway Marker

This is # 3.

• Intro Updated Jul 7, 2006

• Jan 6, 2011 at 11:51 AM

I volunteer at the Perrin Museum and we just moved into a bigger building in October. Please email me if you have stories of the old base at perrinafbmuseum@yahoo.com. Thanks..Greg

• Aug 28, 2010 at 5:09 PM

I'm pretty sure that Perrin AFB was closed in 1971. (You might check wikipedia) Being a Perrin AFB brat, I sure do miss the place. I graduated from Denison High School in 75 and was off to the Navy for 20 years. I finally returned home 33 years later.

• Oct 9, 2009 at 9:50 AM

I grew-up down the street from Woodman's. It was very easy as a young child to explore this site. Besides friends hiding behind walls and jumping out to get a good laugh, I never witnessed any paranormal activity.

• Jan 9, 2009 at 9:30 PM

yellow rose is gone (i used to work their ,so sad to see it leave) the owner decided to retire and be with his wife more often, however ... we are getting a braums . the cemetary is HUMONGOUS , and their is a museum to go to (verry small though)

• Dec 25, 2008 at 8:42 PM

The Yellow Rose went out of Business about a month back, they auctioned off everything. I'm sorry, it was an amazing place, everyone in Van Alstyne is sad to see it go.

• Jun 11, 2007 at 10:27 PM

Yep. It's also here ... permian-mall.midessa.net/24-...

• VeronicaG's Profile Photo
    Oct 31, 2006 at 4:10 PM

We haven't seen Palo Duro Canyon yet or visited Eisenhower's place of birth, but we are slowly becoming acquainted with our new homestate. I'd like to see both of these places noted in your tips--THANKS!

• hekate's Profile Photo
    Apr 26, 2006 at 12:24 AM

:))) Texas... want to read more tips :p Palo Duro Canyon - great scenary!!!

• Sharrie's Profile Photo
    Dec 13, 2005 at 11:26 PM

I like the desert but not the heat. Was hoping to go to the Sahara.

• easyoar's Profile Photo
    Feb 25, 2005 at 4:47 PM

Hi Buck, Great page. I had always wondered what the six flags thing was all about, so thanks for clearing that up!

Astrobuck Lives Here!

Astrobuck

“Travel is not so much restricted to the ground you walk on, but to the stars above....”

Badges & Stats in Texas