"Welcome to my homepage!!" kaliopA's Profile

Let me introduce myself

I'm not here to sell myself. Nor are you.

I am not a merchandise. Nor are you.

What really defines an individual is beyond what our eyes or the average reader could expect. We are made with several layers, and reality is always far more interesting than what our imagination could figure. This is true not only for me, but for you also.

By Yaouank

Life.A change of scenery, ideas and people.

Sometimes, when the weather is nice or the night is full of honeysuckle blooms, I'm wondering what people are doing here. I'm wondering what I am doing here.
So go outside, and live your own life. It doesn't matter whether you're alone or not, just go outside, and observe, be curious.
This world is full of surprises.

To paraphrase Debord:
"The more I contemplate, the less I live; the more I identify with the dominant images of need, the less I understand my own life and my own desires."

IT MAY TAKE A WHILE

It's funny how a song, a taste, a scent, or something as simple as a change in weather can trigger a memory. Certain times of year make me think about when I was homeless. Especially the winter. I started thinking about this one lady in particular who helped me out during that time. She was a good soul who saw me in need and gave me money and food. She didn't have much but what she had she shared out of the kindness of her heart. I told her that when I got successful I would pay her back. She smiled and said, "You don't have to pay me anything. I just felt led to help you." I couldn't stop thinking about her the other day so I did some research and found her. Imagine her shock when I called her. She didn't even think that I remembered her. It's funny how something that was a small gesture to her was a huge blessing to me. As we went on talking, she reluctantly told me that she had just lost her job and was facing foreclosure. Of course, I did some things to help her out. Why am I telling you this? I'm glad you asked. She gave to me out of the kindness of her heart. She gave to me from a pure place and expected nothing in return. The thing that brought tears to my eyes and blessed me so about this situation was this: this woman planted a seed in my life almost twenty years ago. But what she didn't know at the time was that the seed she planted would one day come back and bless her life just when she needed it most. So what am I saying? I'm saying that if you are a giver of whatever you have... time, money, love, help, whatever it is... if you plant it in pureness it has got to come back to you. It may take a while but you will reap a harvest from that seed. Don't be weary in well-doing. It will come back to you. I know sometimes it may seem that all the good you do goes unnoticed by people, but if they don't notice, it doesn't matter. If they don't acknowledge your kindness, it does not matter. You know why? Because I promise you God sees it all and He is the only one that matters. And He is bound by His word, and that word says you will reap what you sow. So sow on, sow good seeds. They will grow and come back to you when you least expect it. God bless you today.

By Tyler Perry

And why??

I'm also wondering why people seem fascinated with thrillers, murders, rapes, false stories about violence they only see in movies or read in novels.
This is not their lives, this is alienation. It never happened.

So why? Why do they need that hypocritical shiver?
Why are people fascinated with fictional despair, hunger and pain, especially if it's not their own?

What can Eros be without Thanatos?

The Bridge

The bridge as a marvel of engineering technology and structural design is the great industrial triumph over nature. The bridge becomes signature landmark icon of the River City, duplicated experience in cities around the world. The bridge is also the flight path carrying memory and loss, the site for suicide and metaphysical contemplation. The great industrial structure one of the largest single structures in the city is a place of contradictions and symbols. As symbol of industrial progress and a metaphorical symbol of change. The view from the ‘bridge’ is gazing on the surface of water, which our eyes can not penetrate, the unknown – the symbol of the unconscious. And from a height the distance is sensation. Climbing the bridge is seeking sensation a symbolic flight path and trajectory across the abyss.

Love

“The power of a glance has been so much abused in love stories, that is has come to be disbelieved in. Few people dare now say that two being have fallen in love because they have looked at each other. Yet it is in this way that love begins, and in this way only. The rest is only the rest, and comes afterwards. Nothing is more real than these great shocks which two souls give each other in exchanging this spark.”

By Victor Hugo

• Intro Updated Aug 3, 2013

• kingip's Profile Photo
    Dec 9, 2013 at 1:26 PM

Happy B/D!

• from_illinois's Profile Photo
    Aug 8, 2013 at 10:06 AM

Hello, thanks for accepting my friendship, have a great day and please keep in touch.

• kmohandas's Profile Photo
    Dec 31, 2012 at 9:47 PM

May the new year bring you & family tremendous joy and infinite reasons to celebrate your life. May it usher in new possibilities and give new meaning to your life. And may you cherish each moment it beholds.
    Have a wonderful promising and fulfilling 2013.

• sdq's Profile Photo
    Dec 9, 2012 at 9:28 AM

!!!! Happy Birthday !!!!!

• kmohandas's Profile Photo
    Dec 9, 2012 at 2:41 AM

Wish you a lovely birthday filled with full of happiness & joy. Wish you many happy & prosperous years ahead. May all your dreams come true.

• 88Starflite's Profile Photo
    Dec 9, 2011 at 6:51 AM

Happy Birthday Sanja, Hope its a great one!

• MacedonianUK's Profile Photo
    Dec 8, 2009 at 11:43 PM

Sreken Rodenden!! Mnogu zdravje, sreka i Ljubov. Valentina

• AKHTARSAYYAD's Profile Photo
    Jun 9, 2009 at 9:56 AM

Dear Sanja, Ur snow photo with red hat is very beautiful.. -akhtar Nasik India

• Karolina01's Profile Photo
    Dec 10, 2008 at 7:56 AM

Draga Sanja, sreken rodenden!

• a2lopes's Profile Photo
    Dec 9, 2008 at 3:20 AM

happy birthday Sanja and many happy returns of the day. Greetings from Lisbon which is waiting for your visit next year for the Euroemeeting

Share your travels with the world!

Join Now!
kaliopA's Profile Photo

kaliopA

“go outside, and live your own life. It doesn't matter whether you're alone or not, just go outside, and observe, be curi”

Real Name