"The Land of the Morning Calm" South Korea by MEdelmann
South Korea Travel Guide: 6,624 reviews and 18,346 photos
Korea is one of the most underrated countries in Asia. I could not understand why, but when you ask someone about this lovely country, they have no idea about it.
The only thing they know is that it is a devided country (into communist North and capitalist South) and that it is the home of Samsung, Daewoo & Co.... But many people will never get the idea to travel here ....
Many people have a uncomplete or even wrong picture about Korea. Korea is not just a copy of China or Japan, Korea has its own culture and if you have explored it once you will see that it differs more than you first believed and maybe you will also fall in love with Korea, like I did ...
I also didn´t know much about Korea. And I also was not interested in it .... But it changed when I put on my radio reciever. I had tuned the shortwave and I was looking for a german-speaking station. After a while I found a station. There was speaking a nice female voice about the economy in Korea. First I thought I catched a german station. But I was surprised when the following announcement came "HIER IST RADIO KOREA INTERNATIONAL IN SEOUL" which means "this is Radio Korea International in Seoul"). I couldn´t believe my ears! I could listen to Radio Korea from Seoul on such a little radio! How exotic and amazing! So I had to try next day and time ... and the station was there ....
In the meanwhile I have collected postcards and presents from radio stations of 70 countries around the world. But I am still listen to RKI. They changed my opinion and my knowledge about Korea so dramatically. And when I was in Korea, they also invited me to come and they took me into the studio for an interview. One of the questions they asked me is if they don´t promise too much on the radio... and I had to negate. It is all true!
If you have ever the chance to make a visit in Korea: Do it! Korea has so much to offer. Although the japanese destroyed very much of the korean cultural heritage, Korea has been busy to restore and reconstruct the old. I personally love Korea and I also have a lot of friends here!
- Pros:Exotic charme, a lot to see and friendly people
- Cons:They speak less english and touristic infrastructure is not always good
- In a nutshell:one of the most underrated countries in Asia
This great gate played a important role in the past and today it is Korea's national treasure No.1 .... It stands... more travel advice
Biwon (or Huwon) is a small garden inside of Changdeokgung Palace. During the Joseon dynasty it was forbidden for... more travel advice
MEdelmann's Related Pages
South Korea Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "South Korea: It's a Mad Mad Mad Mad World!"
- "KOREA: "Absolutely, Positively, Unintentionally !""
- "South Korea"
- "SOUTH KOREA"
- "Korea, Coree, Corea, Hanguk, Daehanminguk"
- "The Land of the Morning Calm"
- "A Year in South Korea"
- See All...
- Things to Do in South Korea
- Hotels in South Korea
- Transportation in South Korea
- Nightlife in South Korea
- Restaurants in South Korea
- Shopping in South Korea
- Warnings and Dangers in South Korea
- See All...
Badges & Stats in South Korea
- 84 Reviews
- 148 Photos
- 2 Forum posts
- 2 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (11)
Have you been to South Korea?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in South Korea
- Commented on one of jckim's South Korea travel pages
- Posted in Travel Vienna Forum "RE: RE: Dress Code for Vienna..."
- Uploaded a Photo to "Get some infos about Korea"
- updated a South Korea Travel Page "The Land of the Morning Calm"
- Wrote a Review Seoul - The Namdaemun Gate in South Korea Things to Do
Top 10 Pages
- Seoul Intro, 54 reviews, 110 photos, 6 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Telc Intro, 44 reviews, 52 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bled Intro, 30 reviews, 40 photos, 1 travelogue
- Göttlesbrunn Intro, 33 reviews, 37 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Steyr Intro, 25 reviews, 29 photos
- Moscow Intro, 22 reviews, 31 photos, 1 travelogue
- South Korea Intro, 22 reviews, 29 photos, 1 travelogue
- Bordeaux Intro, 21 reviews, 24 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Reims Intro, 20 reviews, 21 photos
- Heidenheim an der Brenz Intro, 14 reviews, 25 photos, 2 travelogues