"Rohrau - where Joseph Haydn comes from ..." Rohrau by MEdelmann
Rohrau Travel Guide: 10 reviews and 17 photos
Rohrau is located 40 kms in eastern direction from the Austrian capital Vienna, on the river "Leitha" which marks the border between the two austrian provinces Niederösterreich (Lower Austria) and Burgenland.
Rohrau is just a small village, where everybody knows everybody. In a nutshell: It is a village like many other there.
But Rohrau is the place where one of Austria´s greatest composers, Maestro Joseph Haydn, originally came from. He was born here. Please come with me, I show you his birthplace ....
... but that´s not all. There can be found a magnificant palace of Harrachs, which was one of the outstanding families in the Habsburg monarchy. They collected hundreds of pictures from the great masters of painting. They brought them from the Netherlands, Italy and Spain to Austria. Today it is one of the most important private painting collections in the world.
- In a nutshell:A small village, but rich in culture and history ...
Follow the road No. 211 in direction to Petronell, and you will find the biggest archaeological monument of Austria: The... more travel advice
The docomentation room informs about Haydn´s life and other things happed in history during his live. Many documents. more travel advice
MEdelmann's Related Pages
Rohrau Travel Guide
Badges & Stats in Rohrau
- 10 Reviews
- 17 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 34 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (33)
Have you been to Rohrau?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Rohrau
Top 10 Pages
- Seoul Intro, 54 reviews, 110 photos, 6 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Telc Intro, 44 reviews, 52 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bled Intro, 30 reviews, 40 photos, 1 travelogue
- Göttlesbrunn Intro, 33 reviews, 37 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Steyr Intro, 25 reviews, 29 photos
- Moscow Intro, 22 reviews, 31 photos, 1 travelogue
- South Korea Intro, 22 reviews, 29 photos, 1 travelogue
- Bordeaux Intro, 21 reviews, 24 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Reims Intro, 20 reviews, 21 photos
- Heidenheim an der Brenz Intro, 14 reviews, 25 photos, 2 travelogues